Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merc 4 Cylinder Cranks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crankshafts

Hi Jerry,
    Just checked my MIDAS CD and I beleive from what I saw I can provide crankshaft part numbers and the S/N range for the engines the crank was in. I have it all the way back to the KF-9. If anyone is intrested I can go through the data and post engine model, crankshaft number and the S/N range for just about all Merc four cylinders. This will take me a bit of time. If anyone needs a part number for an Engine I can also try to look them up. Sam is also making a copy on my where used book.

Alan

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default I think KG9 crankshafts were the neatest!

For love of the old Merc engines for most it might be the engine you started racing with which in my case was a KG9 converted for racing with an H type tower and gearcase. When the engine required overhaul and it did when I got it, as taught things about it by Ted who already had his own KG9 for a time it was the crankshaft examination that was so cool and it was so well constructed and supported. It was all that made it a "racing" crankshaft to a 16 year old impressionable new DSH enthusiast! In retrospect it was a very expensive and complex crankshaft of its day that Merc more than improved upon over time with changes that were made that also made it less expensive to make as time went on. Great products.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cranks and stuff

Shortly I will be cleaning out a parts room, full of pre 1976 stuff lots of pre 1966 stuff, blocks, cranks rods, pistons, 1250 on down to small 4 bangers, 1000's, 900's, 1250's, pretty much you name it.

Let me know if any of you "old stuff" guys are interested, would consider selling it all at once

Thread Information