Thread: Fast Fred's OMC Mod 50 secrets Thread #2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to do a thread split
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hec class is cheep... im'e unemployed and doing it,,,.. go figg.hehehehe

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attitude

It's amazing how a little thing like attitude can make such a big difference in life...... Keep it up, Cheney!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

when I have an alltitude my wife says 're jet'!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exhaust

Can anybody tell me the ups and downs abt the hustler 3 into 1 exhaust?
    Thats what i have now. Good/Bad? Im i wasting my time?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Keep It

Quote Originally Posted by TOPGUNRACING View Post
    Can anybody tell me the ups and downs abt the hustler 3 into 1 exhaust?
    Thats what i have now. Good/Bad? Im i wasting my time?
    The three into one is a good exhaust. I am not sure what is done internally to Ralph Cooks engine, but he claims it is pretty much stock (don't we all), and he ran one with a short megaphone. At that time it was the fastest SEH in the country, bar none. he walked past m elike I was tied to a fence post at the Nationals. If I had that engine and set up and prop and boat he ran that day, I am betting I could compete up front with any 850CCMH or SEH in the country.

So given that information, you have to decide if you trust theroy or reality. If I were you I would give Ralph a call. He lives in Mississippi.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David_L6 View Post
    Close Dave. Ralph's exhaust doesn't have a megaphone - just an elbow. His exhaust is very similar to the Hustler exhaust.

Ralph has a lot of props and does a lot of testing. He is very good at set ups. He is also one of the best drivers in the country. Those are the reasons he's fast around a race course.
    I couldn't recall if it was a short megaphone or just the elbow. By looks it is pretty much identical to the Hustler. So I think the system works. And yes, Ralph can drive now and again... hehehehehehehe. He has kicked my butt enough times I can prolly tell you what spark plugs he is using. I sure have seen the back of him a lot. Funny thing is though, it ain't no prettier ! hehehehehe.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Motor

Hey davidlL6 who did you say built that motor that i got from ya?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone experiance on the 3 holer v-rude when you mill the head/up comp... that it doesnt seem to like the same timeing ie about 19-22deg??? or maybe my starter getting tired already... seems i have to back off on timeing to let my my starter kick it over..on my kawi-rude???... just to let you guys know,,, kawi-rude project going very very very well so far.....that a very for every digit saw on gps last week testing,,,

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Told you

Quote Originally Posted by formeone View Post
    anyone experiance on the 3 holer v-rude when you mill the head/up comp... that it doesnt seem to like the same timeing ie about 19-22deg??? or maybe my starter getting tired already... seems i have to back off on timeing to let my my starter kick it over..on my kawi-rude???... just to let you guys know,,, kawi-rude project going very very very well so far.....that a very for every digit saw on gps last week testing,,,
    And there were some that doubted me if what you did would work.... I guess if I am gonna run APBA this year, I better get on the ball and build some really cool project motors.

I have not experienced anything like you claim on milling the head. I think it has something to do with something else done. What compression are you pushing ? Be careful, there is a limit on how high you can go before you begin blowing plugs out the hole, and we all know how nice and fun it is to helicoil those.

Thread Information