Quote Originally Posted by 75luva View Post
Yes I have but only briefly as I was doing approx 90km/h when the nose cone ripped off the gear case
(put on by previous owner) . Other than that no just setting it up
It was super stable in the water when it was going
.i used to race myself and I have water in my blood( not scared to steer it) also have 2 other race boats
15ft tunnel deck with 150 2lt merc and a 11 ft bullet syle race boat with 50s/s with trim doin 95 km/h
So I'm used to boats out of control :-)
Oh and no I'm from syd I not long brought the boat from vic
Hi 75luva.
Good that you are from sydney as this brings another 850cc mono to nsw. In queensland they race a class for your type of boat being the 850 cc visually stock which allows for modified 75hp OMC's.Are you considering raceing this boat in APBA championships as the class you would race in would be the 1250 cc Super Sports. You may consider the bridge to bridge race in May 2014 and discuss with Upper Hawkesbry Powerboat club re the eligable class. I would suggest the you post a thread on the Oz Boats forum regarding racing a wingboat with an FT 19s. There are plenty of ex wing boat drivers that may be able to give you advice. As you have a 50 hp boat this would be able to race in the 800cc class. I would like to see a photo of your 50 hp boat and may be able to advise on hull type. Please keep me informed re the progress of these boats.
Stephen Medaris
D