Thread: Fast Fred's OMC Mod 50 secrets Thread #2

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

haaaa Dave its cool i can handle it i have broad shoulders ,,,hehehehe,,, i do agree with you to a point!!!,,,, we race mod there fore it should have some kind of limit onit as far as money spent,,, if ya want to spend money and go hog wild go pro,,,, i can tell you as amatter of fact that michel lopez spent over 10,000$ onthat motor with the bounce pipes.... sooo there has already bin people spending lots money on there engines already,,,, then i can tell ya what i spent to be the first one ever to brake 100mph in the mods,,, first and only motor i had built for form-e hydro,,, my own exhaust,, my own everything had about 2,000$ in it,,, it was stock front end 55hp carbs konig style phalon ignition,,, i was showing 102 mph at bakersfield and had 2 straight aways at kilo's at 106 ,5 mph,,, all with amotor that was one 1/8th of what micheals was... then he tried beeting my record and blew over almost killed himself,,,, ..... i think form-e is still developing we still need to get the boats worked out and ???? i think the class will be getting faster overall,,, as things develop... that natural, hec look at c stock it getting faster still.... ... i think and my own opinion,,,is that let them do there thing for now and maybe next few years see how develops,,,, because if you can use your brain you dont need that much hp to win or set records,,, i know i have beet people and set records with less hp than alot of other racers out there,,, as i did in my d-mod years and the 25ss class when we set that record and d stock kilo,,, i race fe,,, because of the power and the speed inthe 90 mph range in comp,,, if we slow them to d-mod speeds,,, witch in my opinion that cant be done,,, then why should i race it,,, after the d-mods class mods need a bit faster class... i think it is good for now that bore stroke class with few restrictions,,, FOR NOW!!!...adding weights to it dose nothing hec my rig ways well over 600lbs ,,, soooo,,, for now i dont think enough research done on the mods to see if will add alot of speed... remeber lots mods on a motor lots of brakes heheheheh... the sleeve porting like on the 60 motor supposedly add just mid range when i talked to x-merc engineer..soo??? i must say iam working on 100 mph avg for comp records now but that one guy out of a hole class.... if that one guy wants to say stupid things like add capsules,,, ok then see how fast form-e will be a lost class i bought george luces pugh and run about 94mph about avg i guess,,, sooooo,,, just my opinion,,,

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hopefully this pic comes out here me at kilo's
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Cheney that's dinosaur thinking.

Continually faster and more expensive = fewer racers. 100+ average speeds = capsules. Capsules = even fewer racers. First FEH will only run at the Nationals and then not at all.

I specifically did not say add weight. I agree, adding weight will not slow FEH down, nor will it make it safer and more attractive.

Didn't you read the part about less than 12 guys raced 2 weekends of FEH?

You better be saving up to buy a hauler that gets good mileage so you can race the other 5 guys at the Nationals, because that is where the status quo is leading FEH.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well i agree but my point is that you DONT have to spend money to win races,...hec i prob have one of the tightest budgets outthere,,, drive my 96 worn out lumina towing my seedoo racetrailer with my one hydro on it,,,and sleep in the back seeat,,,, here in spokane we have 7 form-e hydros,,, and i know for a fact a couple guys spending lots a money on them,,, and the have light boats,,, but ya know i still mix it up with them starter and batt and all and my 11 year old pugh..... capsules killed pro it would do same in form e,,, think if ya want to limit it. put height restriction on i, i personaly think the way some of the motors are getting ported they slowing them selves down,,, me not even close to mod 50 specs.... just think we would be jumping the gun to be putting limits on the motors at this point..... hec lets do as they did when yamoto"s came out and make it a claimeing class!!!!! ,,, and iam serious,,, back then this my 34th year raceing,,,, back then for the market cost you could buy anyones engine if ya wanted too ... lets say just for a number 3,000$ to buy a power head!!!!... then maybe people wont spend the big bucks????? or???? hec just like some d-mods that cant beet a stock tohatsu,,,, so they kick it out ugg that hurts everyone,,,just a thought!!!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i think that i have proven that you can do it cheeply and safely and win races and set records... ,,, i joined mods orig because of the lack of bogust rules ,and that what i like about form -e ,,,,,

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

haaaa fred.... if you dont mind can you tell us about what you will have into that motor in sleeves and new slugs for it approx.$.... just for argument sakes??? thanks...

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

pistons are a 100 bucks each,sleeves are 225 each and 350 labor. thats sleeves fitted, new piston fitted, level the deck. so 1325 bucks., be cool tiller handle, 500 bucks. should make 110-115hp, carbs 500 bucks, gaskets 200 bucks, rods..................

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks fred.....maybe we should start a posting find out why people in 850/form-e/se.... did not campaign in all the races last season to know for sure,,, economy is tuff these days...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by formeone View Post
    economy is tuff these days...
    That did it for me....
    Jeff 93-C

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by formeone View Post
    here in spokane we have 7 form-e hydros,,,
    I just checked 2009 High Points ... Looks like between CA & OR you have 9 not including yourself ... but you only had one race for points all year.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Thread Information