Thread: Fast Fred's OMC Mod 50 secrets Thread #2

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a 19s, makes 95-100hp @ 7800-8000rpms. i'd go one more inch of pitch on the prop, to get her down to just under 8000rpms, looks stock for the most part. don't see were the main water outlet is.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    it's a 19s, makes 95-100hp @ 7800-8000rpms. i'd go one more inch of pitch on the prop, to get her down to just under 8000rpms, looks stock for the most part. don't see were the main water outlet is.
    Ok cool that's good to know . Are the 2 bbls stock to this engine or added on
    That was with the test wheel on I have a 23 cleaver to run on it
    What performance can be gained by working engine ? Really want it to sing
    I'm a marine mechanic by trade so can perform work myself like my other engines

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Freds the man for all that

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

factory jets be best to start, i run LL100 at 50 to 1 XD100 , set timin at 18deg, check fuel pressure and volume at the fuel rail( covered in this thred ), check power head for runnin temp, check water pump, fresh gear oil. all the above bein in line, check sync and link, clean carbs, stomp it, hang on. she will sing.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

love to see a photo from the stb side
    thanks

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    factory jets be best to start, i run LL100 at 50 to 1 XD100 , set timin at 18deg, check fuel pressure and volume at the fuel rail( covered in this thred ), check power head for runnin temp, check water pump, fresh gear oil. all the above bein in line, check sync and link, clean carbs, stomp it, hang on. she will sing.
    Thanks fred I will have a read back in the forum
    Power about there is I added a link to it on a earlier post when u asked

In the middle of fitting a Yamaha pro 50 trim bracket to engine will keep posted

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 75luva View Post
    Attachment 56050
    ok thanks powerabout
    knowing exactly what it is will allways help
    link is invalid for me?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    link is invalid for me?
    Ok I'll post another when on computer next

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi 75luva
    Have you had a chance to test drive the boat? That boat was originally designed in Sweeden as an Osca and one was brought into Australia and a mould made and others were manufactured in Australia as Wing boats in the mid 70's to mid 80's. John Toyer was the guy that was building. These raced in the 45 ci class and were fitted with 50 hp Mercury and Suzuki. No one has ever raced one like yours with the FT 19s . If your motor is an FT 19s this motor is capable of obtaining speeds in excess of 80 mph with the right set up. I noticed from the rego label on your trailer that your are in Victoria Australia. You may wish to discuss the boat with others who have raced these types of hulls as from what I have been told you may have a wild ride as not much trim is required and whatch the corners. You may wish to ask about re this boat on the Victorian Outboard Club (VOC) to get driving tips. Just post a topic FT19s on a wing boat. I use to race an FT 19s in the late 70's early 80's on my boat called Steves Jem. This boat did over 82 mph and won many State and Australian championships. Lets us know how you get on. From information on this post Fast Fred is the expert on these motors.
    Stephen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Steves Jem View Post
    Hi 75luva
    Have you had a chance to test drive the boat? That boat was originally designed in Sweeden as an Osca and one was brought into Australia and a mould made and others were manufactured in Australia as Wing boats in the mid 70's to mid 80's. John Toyer was the guy that was building. These raced in the 45 ci class and were fitted with 50 hp Mercury and Suzuki. No one has ever raced one like yours with the FT 19s . If your motor is an FT 19s this motor is capable of obtaining speeds in excess of 80 mph with the right set up. I noticed from the rego label on your trailer that your are in Victoria Australia. You may wish to discuss the boat with others who have raced these types of hulls as from what I have been told you may have a wild ride as not much trim is required and whatch the corners. You may wish to ask about re this boat on the Victorian Outboard Club (VOC) to get driving tips. Just post a topic FT19s on a wing boat. I use to race an FT 19s in the late 70's early 80's on my boat called Steves Jem. This boat did over 82 mph and won many State and Australian championships. Lets us know how you get on. From information on this post Fast Fred is the expert on these motors.
    Stephen
    Yes I have but only briefly as I was doing approx 90km/h when the nose cone ripped off the gear case
    (put on by previous owner) . Other than that no just setting it up
    It was super stable in the water when it was going
    .i used to race myself and I have water in my blood( not scared to steer it) also have 2 other race boats
    15ft tunnel deck with 150 2lt merc and a 11 ft bullet syle race boat with 50s/s with trim doin 95 km/h
    So I'm used to boats out of control :-)
    Oh and no I'm from syd I not long brought the boat from vic

Thread Information