Thread: Fast Fred's OMC Mod 50 secrets Thread #2

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

a set of coated Etec blocks would be nice, bet they would fit

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

so, here are the three intakes i know of,
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fred
    I need a down angle intake.
    Do you have one to sell?
    Cheers

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fred
    Thanks for the pictures. Standard 3 cylinder, FT/FR and 31M. Do you have any of the FT/FR or 31M ones for sale and if so would you ship to Australia and do you have a purchase price. You may contact me by E-Mail sjmedaris@Hotmail.com
    Powerabout
    Some years ago I had some casted from a plug that I made modelled off the 5 X 5 31M manifold being solid without the cut outs and with the reed opening reduced to take the 4 X 4 reed blocks. I still have the casting plug and can have some casted up if required. These would require machining to the required measurements. I do not have a price, but the foundry that I use quotes $30 AU for set up and $7 AU per kilo. I will try and post a picture if I can. I think that I have one but if I am unable to post a picture here send me an E-Mail and I will take a picture using the phone and E-Mail it to you. Would not be able to do this until the weekend as it is at my sisters place.

Stephen Medaris

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steves Jem View Post
    Fred
    Thanks for the pictures. Standard 3 cylinder, FT/FR and 31M. Do you have any of the FT/FR or 31M ones for sale and if so would you ship to Australia and do you have a purchase price. You may contact me by E-Mail sjmedaris@Hotmail.com
    Powerabout
    Some years ago I had some casted from a plug that I made modelled off the 5 X 5 31M manifold being solid without the cut outs and with the reed opening reduced to take the 4 X 4 reed blocks. I still have the casting plug and can have some casted up if required. These would require machining to the required measurements. I do not have a price, but the foundry that I use quotes $30 AU for set up and $7 AU per kilo. I will try and post a picture if I can. I think that I have one but if I am unable to post a picture here send me an E-Mail and I will take a picture using the phone and E-Mail it to you. Would not be able to do this until the weekend as it is at my sisters place.

Stephen Medaris
    Email sent, did you ever do a straight in crankcase as I have seen a photo of a non factory one I think 850 had it in Tassie

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Powerabout

Got your E-Mail. Regarding the straight in crankcase, I played around a bit with having a pattern taken off the genuine 31M straight front and cutting it to fit a standard 3 cylinder crankcase. That was over 20 years ago. Did not precede with it as I retired shortly afterwards. There is a bit of machining required. Basically describing it is one casting which takes the inlet manifold and 3 legs that take the reed cages opening. The legs are cut to the shape of the standard 3 cylinder crankcase and the crankcase cut to take the legs. These are then welded and excess material removed and reshaped. That was the intention but the project was never finished or continued with. I still have the casting moulds and I think that I may still have I somewhere in my sisters garage. I will send a picture to you over the weekend. 850 in Tassie got his Mod 50 motor from overseas and in the late 80's early 90,s a few guys in northern NSW and Qld played around with manufacturing a couple of straight fronts but then purchase the genuine item. If it was 850cc racer, the thread that it would have appeared on would have been ""My 850 Kilo Motor""

Stephen Medaris

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to ask, whats the difference between the crankcase face on a 31 and a 49er?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

Sea-Way gots all the molds from Cees i was told, best to just contact them, they didn't sell FT's hear best i can tell, but they did down under, should be parts to be had there.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    Sea-Way gots all the molds from Cees i was told, best to just contact them, they didn't sell FT's hear best i can tell, but they did down under, should be parts to be had there.
    I dont think Cees had moulds/dies for much just drawings as I know Seaway has had to make stuff from drawings
    Tons of stuff from 2nd Effort was crushed and not shipped to Cees says our Kiwi mate Philmyrna that worked there.
    He seems to be MIA I hope he is ok?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

that could be true best to call the owner of Sea Way an ask him what if any thing he has for sale.

Thread Information