Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Program 76

76 Program
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default oa nd do ge

Great shots. Fun place to run. Whats the deal with my license plate? I also rode 1100R
    with Bob Turrant(sp) us2 must have been another year as that looks like his son in p-1.
    Small lakes fast boats great fun. Sparks & Lodi Thanks for the memories.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Boat Race in Northern Nevada Aug 18 & 19

Attention West Coast Boat Racers. Boat Racing is coming back to Northern Nevada. A tentative date has been set for August 18th and 19th. This looks like a free weekend for Region 10 and 12 and also does not interfere with Nationals. And school will not be in yet for most of the younger drivers. The race will be held in Sparks, Nevada at the "Sparks Marina". Sparks is just east of the Reno. The Sparks Marina is one of the best layouts I have seen for Spectators to watch a race. The Sparks Marina was an old gravel pit just north of I-80. It filled in with water from the Truckee River (south of I-80) that overflowed in the 1997 flood. The place NCOA used to race at was Paradise Park over 20 years ago. That's where all these pictures were taken. Paradise was redesigned 15 years ago and cannot accommodate racing. Attached is a picture where I drew a 4,100 long course. I am thinking the course will be set closer to a ¾ mile course. The sidewalk around the lake is 12 feet above lake level.
    The usual Region 11 classes will be tentatively be hosted. More information will be posted as this event comes together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by V12 Guy View Post
    Attention West Coast Boat Racers. Boat Racing is coming back to Northern Nevada. A tentative date has been set for August 18th and 19th. This looks like a free weekend for Region 10 and 12 and also does not interfere with Nationals. And school will not be in yet for most of the younger drivers. The race will be held in Sparks, Nevada at the "Sparks Marina". Sparks is just east of the Reno. The Sparks Marina is one of the best layouts I have seen for Spectators to watch a race. The Sparks Marina was an old gravel pit just north of I-80. It filled in with water from the Truckee River (south of I-80) that overflowed in the 1997 flood. The place NCOA used to race at was Paradise Park over 20 years ago. That's where all these pictures were taken. Paradise was redesigned 15 years ago and cannot accommodate racing. Attached is a picture where I drew a 4,100 long course. I am thinking the course will be set closer to a ¾ mile course. The sidewalk around the lake is 12 feet above lake level.
    The usual Region 11 classes will be tentatively be hosted. More information will be posted as this event comes together.
    Just drive by Sparks Marina yesterday. Looks like a fun litle pond with a sandy beach. I live 33 miles up the mountain from there so i truly hope you can make this happen. There are loads of fun places in Reno at night, and world famous Hash House A Go Go is 1 mile away. If you get some classes together, I would be willing to offer prizes of beer for placement.
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Thread Information