Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pistons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gohr View Post
    Yes we made high ring forged pistons for the 32 cuber you'll find them in 81' 82' 83' stuff, the 82' 35hp was the strongest 32 if you're wanting one of those engines. We changed the rods in 77 or 78'. The high ringers were great cheaters in the Mini Grand Prix motors when my Wife ran MGP, not that there were any in her engine.......
    Bill, I remember your mentioning the 82 being the strongest some time back, Are the hi ring pistons the reason for this? Ive had an ear out for an 82 since but so far no luck. Now Im reaching.. but if the pistons are the secret then would putting them in another year block make the difference?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up coolness!

I was lookin thru some parts & came across the hi ring type piston, besides the ring being very near the top its got a different type top ring. Turns out also that I put a stock block on my hydro to run while rebuilding, ran it w/o gps & thought this motors quick! [& sounds different].Turns out its a hi ring type too. These are OMC pistons, as far as I know. Im already into one of my 35s with Wisecos but look forward to re-doin one with these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonM50 View Post
    I was lookin thru some parts & came across the hi ring type piston, besides the ring being very near the top its got a different type top ring. Turns out also that I put a stock block on my hydro to run while rebuilding, ran it w/o gps & thought this motors quick! [& sounds different].Turns out its a hi ring type too. These are OMC pistons, as far as I know. Im already into one of my 35s with Wisecos but look forward to re-doin one with these.
    Next Q..Were these hi ring pistons made for the 22 ci OMCs? The 22s will give a 32 a run for its inches except where weight is.. on the 32s side.

Thread Information