Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 60 twin

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 60 twin

Try this again. I am building a 15 inch twin. 60 hp block , carbs, etc. I finger ported the block. The mid seems very restrictive. What tuner works for this mid? What is the best way to relieve it. When I dry stack the big motors, I spray a small amount of water on the tuner. Does this help these little motors? I understand the 1.87 gears from the triple will work in my gear case. Are there some 23,25 props available if I use the stock gears? I plan to surface the prop. How much timing can the motor take? Are the 60 hp carbs the ones to use. Everything I own runs race gas so this will probably get a good dose of compression. Anyone try the two barrels. I have lots of experience with the big loopers never done much with the little ones. The boat is a one off skiff. No floor, just a bottom , two stringers, We put in a 7" pad and a stepped transom. It finished up just under 300 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a twin has been raced with 2 barrels

I doubt the mid has significant restriction
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ultrafast30;68773]Try this again. I am building a 15 inch twin. 60 hp block , carbs, etc. I finger ported the block. The mid seems very restrictive. What tuner works for this mid? What is the best way to relieve it. When I dry stack the big motors, I spray a small amount of water on the tuner. Does this help these little motors? I understand the 1.87 gears from the triple will work in my gear case. Are there some 23,25 props available if I use the stock gears? I plan to surface the prop. How much timing can the motor take? Are the 60 hp carbs the ones to use. Everything I own runs race gas so this will probably get a good dose of compression. Anyone try the two barrels. I have lots of experience with the big loopers never done much with the little ones. The boat is a one off skiff. No floor, just a bottom , two stringers, We put in a 7" pad and a stepped transom. It finished up just under 300 lbs............................................... .................................................. ..........................
    .................................................. .................................................. ..................................
    If you use the 1.87 gears , you can't run much pitch. the 25 " pitch V-4 props can be run on a nitro unit. You need some extra bushing ,though to do it right. The Sport E tunnels used to make good use of the V-4 omc race cleavers (in the 1970's ) . The 3 cylinder nitro units use same gear case as the 2 cyl. loopers-1975 & later. interchangeable prop shafts & gears.

Post Thanks / Like

Default what are you trying to accomplish

What kind of boat is the engine on?
    see clydes ride in show us your boat forums

Anthony

Thread Information