Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stock Outboard Hydros and Runabout Scale Outline Drawings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stock Outboard Hydros and Runabout Scale Outline Drawings

I build R/C boats and wondering if anyone would like to share any type of line drawings that they might have so I could scale them up and build them for my hobby.

Hopefully someone might have a library of old magazines or such where they remember seeing them and could scan and post them here. I don't even know if any exist.

I particularly like the old A & B class Sid-Crafts and Hedlunds, or similar.

Thanks for any help,
    David
    Love the Racing

Hate the Politics

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Line drawings/boat plans

If you send me your email address I can send you plans in PDF format to 5 of Hal Kelly's designs. You can take them to a printer and have full size copies made for just a few bucks

I intend to post them to my webpage shortly so they'll be available to anyone who has an interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ed,

PM sent.

I remember some of Hal Kelly plans. One in particular was the Ben Hurr which looked almost like a cab-over Hedlund. Nice lines to it, but looked like one scary boat to drive.
    Love the Racing

Hate the Politics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kelley Boats

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hatch View Post
    If you send me your email address I can send you plans in PDF format to 5 of Hal Kelly's designs....
    I intend to post them to my webpage shortly so they'll be available to anyone
    who has an interest.
    That is great news and a good service to the racing community. Please name your website and let us know when it is posted. Your reference to these boats brought back fond memories. Dry Run and Foo Ling did very well for me and for others. In those days, many Kelly runabouts were built and raced. They were great on short courses. I also found them to be predictable under most conditions. Even so, nothing will ever match the float, speed and wins that the Sidcraft runabout gave me.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Memory Lane? for some

Quote Originally Posted by seacow View Post
    That is great news and a good service to the racing community. Please name your website and let us know when it is posted. Your reference to these boats brought back fond memories. Dry Run and Foo Ling did very well for me and for others. In those days, many Kelly runabouts were built and raced. They were great on short courses. I also found them to be predictable under most conditions. Even so, nothing will ever match the float, speed and wins that the Sidcraft runabout gave me.
    My website is boatsport.org and thanks for the kind words. I do think this info is better shared that hoarded and that was the purpose of the site from the start. I know there is a small audience for this stuff but it has some historical value. I'm currently converting all the magazines to PDF format so anyone who wants can download and print whatever I have posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Ed, I found the scans of the old magazines on your website and had a lot of fun reading them. Very interesting and very rare. Must have been a lot of work to scan all the pages. Thank you very much for sharing them!

Did you also upload the old Hal Kelly plans? I'd be very interested to study them but I couldn't find them on your website.

Thread Information