Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hoss Triton 1 Vs Yammy Style Prop

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoss Triton 1 Vs Yammy Style Prop

Hi, Mr. Hill. I Would Like To Know Which Style Would Be Better To Be Used On Allison Xr-2002 With A Yamaha V6, For Lake Racer .
    (top Rpm 7000 With A 28 Pitch ) .

Thanks,
    Don

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Yammie

The Yammie is the most popular I sell... it seems, right now. I suspect it is because of the great hole shot. But my Offshores (Like the Original Mercury Offshore and like the Triton), is what I favor on the Allison hull... The 14 1/2.

Thanks for asking...Maybe, I should send you one of each for testing and evaluation!!!! Where you located???
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 04-22-2005 at 07:46 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks For Your Reply!

I'm Located In The Republic Of Panama ( Panama Canal) .

I Would Like To Get One Of Your Prop ( To Be Sended To My Sister In Pensacola-fla.) . That's Why I'm Asking You The Best Style & Size Suited For My Rig ( Allison Xr-2002, Center Steering, With A Yammy 200, V6, With 95% Racing Parts, Mounted On A Land & Sea Hydraulic Jack, Lower Unit With A Bob's Machine Nose Cone .

P.s; I Like The Super Polish Finish Of Your Props !!. I Bought , About 22 Years Ago 1ea. Of Your Cleaver And 1ea. Of Your Chopper Style Props, And Was A Super Props !!!.

Regards,
    Don

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Made My Wife Laugh..

Don,

You made my wife laugh....she usually laughs at boaters...but that is another story...I was telling her I made you a prop, 22 years ago, and she said, "Hell, he must not have used it very much, if he still has it."

I told her I make them to LAST!!!!

Here's a picture of my "DOUBLE THROW DOWN" Offshore wheel.. 14 1/2 X 28....Not sure anyone has ever really BITCHED about using this wheel on their V-6 anything...This is a copy of our best OLD MOD VP prop..and we ran an old cross flow Evinrude 235....With today's power, they still work really well!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY !!!!.

YEAP!!!, TO BE EXACTLY, YOU MADE ME IN 1982, A CLEAVER, 14 x 28 for my HYDROSTREAM VENTURA RACING WITH A MERC 150 XS ENGINE . IT WAS RUN PERFECT!!!!!!!!!, AN EXCELLENT PROP AND LOOK SO NICE ( super shinning !!!), AFTER THAT, YOU MADE ME A CHOPPER, 14x26 . ALSO, A VERY NICE PROP !!! ( REMEMBER YOUR SMALL YELLOW STICKER - RON HILL RACING PROPS- !!!) .

AND, HOW DOES THAT ABOVE PROP, RUN ON AN ALLISON XR-2002 ????, acceleration & TOP SPEED ????
    THE FINAL FINISH IS SATIN OR SUPER POLISH ??

REGARDS,
    DON

Thread Information