Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did the giant Anzani thread go?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did the giant Anzani thread go?

I can't find the John Taylor Anzani thread, Search doesn't seem to find it on my computer.
    What am i doing wrong?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default look under outboard history

i think it's still there. look at the outboard history section and i saw it at the bottom on the first page of threads.

frank

Post Thanks / Like

John tried to delete it and it got corrupted because of his deletions. Hundreds of posts are gone. We have looked into restoring it, but as yet can not. He chose to remove it from your access, not the administration of BRF. Much like his actions at the end of Charlie Williams' discussion board. Sad, sad and sad.

If he finds a forum that will accept him he may repost everything.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default reason for attempted deletion??

Sam:

Why would he attempt to delete something he spent so much time and effort posting. Something is lacking here, by either party, explanation wise. I was told he had been banned from this site.

We all have our little quirks, but it was obvious that there were percieved problems, either with his posts, or him, by some of the moderators, that I at least could never see any reason for.

Post Thanks / Like

Then you just plain don't grasp that guy - he is self motivated to behave that way. Its part of his nature. He did not post those pictures and descriptions for you to read, he posted them for self glorification.

If there was any other reason, he would have left the posts up.

He was not banned until he had deleted those posts and corrupted the display of the thread, despite whatever disagreements were flying around. Email messages including slander, lies and threats from him were flying around behind the scenes and he was still allowed to post and unfortunately delete as well.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 03-06-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

As for why he was deleting the thread ... I am certain he wanted it off of BRF. If he was receiving no more glory, he did not want you to see and know anything.

There were other ways to do it, he never asked for help. His conditions for continuing on BRF were outrageously unacceptable.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 03-06-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, Sam,
    I see no furhther need for expaination from Sam, The guy made his own choice, we as a site will be better served without people who pull or attempt to pull some of the things that John did.

My .02

Bunker

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default a further explanation

Thanks for the further explanation. As I said, everyone has their little quirks, but I did not see anything, out in the open at least, that made any sense based on the orginal explanation. That really raised more questions, to me anyway, than it answered.

That being said, and notwithstanding any behind the scenes problems, IMHO we are all poorer for the information being removed, no matter who did what to who. That type of information, especially in a sport like ours with no more written history that exists to this time, is priceless and will be missed. I hope it can be retrieved if that is wanted and desired by BRF's owners.

I have no legal or otherwise knowledge whose property something becomes when posted on a website, but there must be some way to protect everyones interest when things of value like this thread (Anzani) are posted, and then for one reason or another, a "falling out" occurs between the poster and the site. History is everyones possesion it seems to me, at least once published.

Perhaps something could be written into any agreement between BRF and it's contributors. My reason for concern is there was much information about other engines/technology/engine builders in that thread besides just Anzani, and once gone is very difficult to reproduce. The loss of it is doubly upsetting if it could have been prevented in some way.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I opened Pandora's box, I found this thread a fasinating one with a wealth of information unavailable anywhere else.

It was the story of how an ugly duckling of a 10 & 15 hp fishing motor turned into a fire breathing dragon, that was built by a strange little English company, who were probably the first outboard manufacturer to realise & release the potential of the loop charged system.

Unless someone knows of an earlier looper?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

fyi -I was told that "If information is made public, it can not be protected unless some arrangements are made before bring released"

I don't know much about this as I'm not that active on this site. It's sad as not many people are willing to spend this kind of energy and time to share information about outbaord racing engines. Especially the Anzani.

But, if personal gain was the objective, then he's fishing in the wrong pond!!!

Thread Information