Thread: Dan Pigott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Park

This is Winter Park ,This is a old race site from the 50's it is about 20 miles from rocks Pond in Eutawville SC. I remember going to races here when i was a kid. It not very big but they had some good racing here.I remember seeing my first 55H Merc here ,the rest were Mark 40's.Top left was the far trun and botton left was the first turn. This is the same way it looked as it did in the 50's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this the place that I have heard Splash Dumas refer to as the "ditch"?
    Outboard Model Concepts
    RC Mod-VP hulls
    Distributor for HTB Tunnels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ditch

Mark, there were no OPC at Winter park it was before there time. The Ditch was at Hardeeville SC on the Savannah river. The river is not very wide here so it got the nick name the ditch. The town had there Catfish Fes. every year in sept.The boat race was a big part of it. Dumas put this race on it was a outlaw race so no fuel ,rule.V bottoms an Tunnels could run in the same class. They had good turn outs of boats an a lot of fun, the town loved it. The first race called the ditch was in Pamlico SC this place was not as wide as Hardeeville.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good firend helping us load the boat,looks she is doing it all, we are takeing it for some mods to try an help it. need more firends like her. Second pic. i gress we are there, i see the cooler ready for action.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics

Mr. Piggot do you have pics of my pops or uncle from yrs. back? Thanks Dustin

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Testing

Danny,

Looks like friends know how to pack for somse testing down there ! Cooler is important in that heat ! Lots of water in there, and I hope some carbonated beverages as well !!! hehehe.

Hope the changes worked. Can't wait until we see y'all again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default funny story

Dustin, i dont have any pic's,but will tell you a story about i gress your uncle.My Grand dad was from the outer banks of NC as far as he was new he had the fastest boat around it was homemade with i gress a lighting or some Merc.. Him an dad were comming from NC back to Charleston SC , I think dad told him that a fellow name Guy Hamoton (sp)had won the Nat's that year i dont know what year it was. Grand dad said i am going to find him an give him a shot at out running me, Grand dad only river raced. Dad told me he drove arond i think New Bern NC for hours looking for Guy he said he like to never got him to go home. he was in his 70's but them old fellows were something

Post Thanks / Like

Default OMC Carb

This is the carb that came on a 1975 OMC ( 75/75) . We consider this the best carb for the 3 cyl. OMC a lot other people do to. I trled all the later carbs, but none were better to me.What do you think,. how about the SST60 any better if so why

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Pigott View Post
    This is the carb that came on a 1975 OMC ( 75/75) . We consider this the best carb for the 3 cyl. OMC a lot other people do to. I trled all the later carbs, but none were better to me.What do you think,. how about the SST60 any better if so why
    Part # would love to know if this is what I have. Thx

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, if that is a original 75/75 an the carb looks like the one in the pic. it is the right carb. The later ones had a small tube running out of the dump tube. The 65 HP motor could look the same but have a small venture.

Thread Information