Thread: Dan Pigott

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny I just found this thread, I don't have the time to surf the internet like u. U could tell me about it at the races. I'm not racing as much this year and have a few minutes to look. I'll have to post some SEBA pictures from my scrapbook when my Dad raced in the early 50's. And pics of some of the old boats and motors I have collected. I pass the house Von Earnst lived in on Victory Drive nearly every day.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

join the club.found it a year ago.not to be a smart$#@ but it is Ernst.it is a pretty cool deal danny has done here and wayne baldwin also.thank Ron Hil

Post Thanks / Like

I have found some great stuff in an old locker that dad had. In it are about 50 South Eastern Boating Asso. Propeller Mag's from 1955 to 1957 Geo. Taylor will love them they tell how good he was. i will try to post some of the info. later. I also found some stuff on racing in SC hard to believe they had so many drivers and races then. In some stuff i had were a lot of NOA race cir. from 1971 a lot of races that year too bad it was the beginng of the end of NOA as we knew it at that time.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Pigott View Post
    I have found some great stuff in an old locker that dad had. In it are about 50 South Eastern Boating Asso. Propeller Mag's from 1955 to 1957 Geo. Taylor will love them they tell how good he was. i will try to post some of the info. later. I also found some stuff on racing in SC hard to believe they had so many drivers and races then. In some stuff i had were a lot of NOA race cir. from 1971 a lot of races that year too bad it was the beginng of the end of NOA as we knew it at that time.
    That's great news Danny! I only have a few in my collection. I lost a lot of my boat race memorbilla in a fire quite a few years ago.
    Geo

Post Thanks / Like

New years made me think of a race I had forgot about. W.C. Lanier owned Scott's Hill Marina just out of Wilmington NC. On new years day he held the Scott's Hill marathon, this was a run what you brung race they had boats from EP (75 V bottom) to SST 140 to unlimited V bottoms. This was a fun race all boats run together winner take all they always had a good turn out even for new years day hang overs . It must have been the great award the winner got, A 12 PACK OF BEER. The last one I went to two boats blew over a SE Tunnel and a SST Tunnel the water was cold and temp about 50 degrees . this was in the late 70's early 80's. It might have been a one of a kind race I don't know but people liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

Al Lang remember when you were in the AF in Charleston SC and would go test with John Slauter(sp) ? He tested at a placed called Bushy Park by the naval Weapon Station, I live only a few miles from there an go by it about three times a week Dad tested there first I have tested there in the past I am sure DF Jenkins an Ben Robertson did to. If you remember it was just a dirt landing they built a road across the river that just stopped with water on both sides one side was salt water . Now it has two nice boat landings and the road goes on to Moncks Corner other than that it looks the same as it did in the 50's looking out at the water, thanks to the Navy owning the land nothing has ever been built there. I will try and take a pic for you

Allen J. Lang

Hi Danny, Yes I remember the site. John did his testing there and I ean my boats there also. The only time I saw DF put a boat in was when we went Merc hunting. He had his Boston Whaler with a 75 Johnson which he had jacked sky high. We found the Merc dealer there who was out running DF's Johnson customer. After changing their set up, that Johnson cleaned house. A happy customer. Had some good times testing there. Would be glad to see pictures after about 40 or more years being there.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess things go in circles.My cousin in savannah needed a part to get old OMC running,so he could tow the kids on the tube.His guy working on it told him ,only place I know to MAYBE find this,is this fellow.Cuz goes with fellow to get part and there is a Kneeler in shop.Tells fellow,my uncle raced those years ago.Guy with part ask,who was that ,cuz tells him.Turns out my cousin was buying his part from Bloise Williams.Figured he would be in Augusta this weekend.

Allen J. Lang

Yesterday afternoon I received an E mail from Danny Pigott stating he was to under go prostate removal surgery at 7:30 this morning. I ask everyone for prayers for a safe and great recovery. His wife has been battling cancer herself. They both need our support.
    Danny's family is a great racing family. He was unhappy that he was going to miss a GA race this weekend.
    Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allen J. Lang View Post
    Yesterday afternoon I received an E mail from Danny Pigott stating he was to under go prostate removal surgery at 7:30 this morning. I ask everyone for prayers for a safe and great recovery. His wife has been battling cancer herself. They both need our support.
    Danny's family is a great racing family. He was unhappy that he was going to miss a GA race this weekend.
    Your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Danny:

Best wishes on your surgery. I had prostrate surgery three years ago, (although not removal) and the first week or 10 days are kind of a pain in the rear, (no pun intended) with the catheter and such, but you should come thru fine. There is therapy and exercise to assist in recovery and usually things work out just fine.

If you think I could be helpful during your recovery with more info, send me a PM. Would be happy to hear from you.

Bill

Thread Information