Thread: Dan Pigott

Post Thanks / Like

Around 1950 Charleston SC. Dad in the front, note these are stock fishing lower units.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny, that shot from Conway race sure dates back, reminds me of my"YOUNGER DAYS'"---That Pugh Hydro was 12'6 I believe and that Yamato gave it all it could handle sometimes, great boat --really stable most of the time, too bad you cannot get one like it anymore, that Gary could really throw some wood together. again thanks for the snapshot---Fred Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea who this little boy is ,but looks like he is having fun. Around the early 80's.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seba

More SEBA; note Ralph Donald an WJ (Dub) Parker. Bill Van we had name problems also, note Dads name spelled two ways an both wrong. George Taylor is a member of BRF.

Post Thanks / Like

1976 MOD. Nat's Kingston Tn. 11' 8" Byers Hydro this is the greatest boat I ever drove. Boat won DMH an EMH Nat's that year. I still have it.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice photo Danny. I love those old B&W photos. Look at the water coming off the bow. Looks like you have a stopwatch in the pocket of the Gentex. That racecourse looks inviting also.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Haar

Danny, do you know if the Lake Haar mentioned in the Savannah article is now Lake Loraine? Do you know what year the article was written?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kingston

Wayne, Kingston Tn. was a great place to race,they held the Mod Nat's there from 75 to 79. The park area was build for boat racing in early 60' They had NOA races there for years. The site is almost right in town with lot's of fans an support. They have had some OPC races there an at least one USTS race,today I think they have Drag races. That is a stopwatch in the jacket I loved Gentex jackets hated to see them go. I had a lifeline that I did not like at all,then one day at Dayton OH. I was talking to Kay Harrison an he said to try his security, it was great I got out of the boat an said where do I get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Haar

Sam, lake Haar was in Ellabelle GA. just south of Savannah. I don"t know what it is called today, you may be right. Bloise should know I will ask him. The write up about that race would have been about 1955-56.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Never tried a Security Danny...they were after my time, but Kay would be the one to know. I loved my Gentex too, but I left it in Berlin with my helmet thinking I would be back. The Premier helmet was the best I ever had. Wish I had both of them to hang on my wall. My Dad bought several Lifelines for our guys to wear offshore. The lifejackets the offshore oil companies issued did not have the type of leg straps that would stand the drop of 100 feet into the Gulf of Mexico. The safety people never understood how fast you would enter the water if you jumped off a platform 100' above the seas in 200' of water. Fortunately none of our guys had to give them a try. I put one on, but it was way to bulky for me to race in so I stuck with the Gentex until I quit.

keep up with the posts. They are great.

Thread Information