Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Randy Johnson

Composite Specialties

Default Randy Johnson

It is with a sad heart that I must announce that my father has passed away. I want everyone to know that in the past weeks as he was battling his cancer, he had his laptop by his side and constantly viewed this website, reading the posts and looking at all of the pictures. For that, I say thank you to everyone for making his battle a little easier.

PLEASANT GARDEN – Randall R. Johnson, 67, died Wednesday, April 20, 2005, at his home after a brief illness.

The family will receive friends Friday, April 22, 2005 from 7-9:00 PM at the Forbis & Dick Funeral Home, 1118 N. Elm Street, Greensboro. The funeral service will be held in the Funeral Home Chapel at 2:00 PM, Saturday, April 23, 2005. The Rev. Steve Martin, Minister of Pleasant Garden United Methodist Church will officiate.

He was born Jan. 25, 1938 to Parents Hassell and Geneva Johnson. He was the oldest son and was a lifelong native of Greensboro. He was preceded in death by his beloved father, Hassell Johnson and his Grandparents Walter and Mallie Terrell. He was a member of McConnell Road Baptist Church and graduated from Alamance High School in 1956. He was an Eagle Scout and also served as a Military Policeman in the NC National Guard. He graduated from GTCC with an Associates Degree in Refrigeration.

He and wife Kay met at Traders Chevrolet, fell in love and were married on April 9, 1960. They lived their entire lives in the Greensboro area, recently celebrating their 45th Anniversary.

He was a devoted husband and father to his three children and their families. He was a wonderful Grandfather to his two Grandchildren Matt and Sami, who were precious to him and made his life wonderful.

He was a longtime racer of Hydroplane Speedboats, member of the American Power Boat Association. He and father Hassell began racing in the 1950’s, winning many titles through his 25-year career. He loved racing and passed this tradition along his sons, Marc and Chris.

Randy was an avid supporter of Southeast High School women’s basketball where his daughter, Kim, played and currently coaches. He loved the many years of traveling the country and overseas watching and following Kim’s playing nationally and internationally.

He retired from Conservatrol Corp. as President after 25 years. He was a longtime member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers.

Special recognition to his High School graduating class of 1956, who were like his brothers and sisters. Thank you for always being there for him, he loved all of you dearly.

He is survived by his wife, Kay T. Johnson of the home, son Chris Johnson and Christine Haggai of Greensboro, son Marc and Beth Johnson of Pleasant Garden, daughter Kim and John Furlough of Pleasant Garden, grandson Matt Furlough of Pleasant Garden, granddaughter Samantha Furlough of Pleasant Garden, mother Geneva Johnson of Greensboro, sisters Pat Hairr (Larry) and Sherry Smith (Bobby), sister-in-law Betty and Don Lashley, and many cousins, nieces and nephews

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to The American Cancer Society, Relay For Life, SEHS Team, 4-A Oak Branch Dr., Greensboro, NC 27407.

If anyone would like to submit your condolences, please follow this link to the Funeral service website and select North Elm Street chapel and put Randall Johnson for the name. http://www.forbisanddick.com/condolences.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry to hear about this. My condolences go out to your family
    Kyle Lewis 93R
    20ssH CSH
    B&H Race Boats
    Trafficade Service

Post Thanks / Like

Marc.........What to say except I'm really sorry.
    I am so glad that all of us here we were able to do and say something that gave your Dad joy in his final days here on God's earth. Makes a man feel right knowing he could have been a part of that.

Try to keep strong through the difficult days ahead, and know that we'll be here for you when you get back.

Jeff

Thread Information