Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need to see pictures

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need to see pictures

hi all,

it's tax season, i'm up to my butt with returns and listening to pink floyd. i need to see pictures from any race or antique outboard event. it's saturday, going to 75 today, monday we got 7 inches of snow and then temps in the single digits. ya gotta love maryland weather. so i amyone going to an event where noise will be heard? if so post some pitucres please, i needa break.

frank
    collector of old stuff that was new when i raced

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Frank....this is not from anything current, but I thought maybe it might do until someone else steps up. It is from the 2nd annual Jerry Waldman Memorial Invitational at Hot Springs in 1974. It was during testing and Charley Bailey (in the foreground) and I were towing in drivers that conked out. I'm having a memory lapse, but I think this is Jerry McMillan. Now, I'm off to San Antonio. Great listening. Can't say the same about working the numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Master Oil Racing Team; 03-07-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: name

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default feeling batter already

thanks for the picture, it helped. have a safe trip to san antonio.

frank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Club racin'

I don't know if you've seen this before. One of my webpages with some photo scans of old racing programs. They're not very good photos. But maybe they'll help.

http://jeff55v.tripod.com/id30.html

Good luck on your taxes.
    Jeff Yungen

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default those were the days

jeff,

those were the days, race in jeans, t-shirt, helmet nad a gentex jacket. you could feel the air on your arms.

listening to stevie ray vaughn. just finished a 'dancer's' return. never thought lap dancing was an art form.

frank

Post Thanks / Like

Frank,

Wish you lived closer. I'd let you do my taxes. Our appointment with our tax accountant is next Friday.

In case you haven't checked, that's Friday the 13th!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frank....

...I must apologize. I just got back from San Antonio and got on the computer. When I looked what I had written earlier about the Pink Floyd music and then about your number crunching....I realized it came out the wrong way. I am sure from your profession you know exactly what I meant, but I want to make it clear. Besides sales and fieldwork, I do the payables, insurance and contracts in our business. Without Quickbooks Pro, I would have no clue and even then I get furious every year at this time when they make changes. I am glad there are guys like you out there to do tax returns. This is like combine time for the farmers in our area where you work until the harvest is in. I can not imagine working numbers like that for hours on end, not to mention the outrageous amount of tax laws to contend with. It was with that in mind that I wrote that about working the numbers. I do wish you well in easing through that process, and am glad I can go to sleep knowing you will do it instead of me.

I like it when others share some of their job experiences. Ron was the one that got my attention with his travels and people he talked to on the way. Skoontz, Lars Strom, and some others have done some of that and I find it interesting. BRF is a good way to get away from the pressures of work. I don't know if you ever read "TWO YEARS BEFORE THE MAST" Frank...but it is an account of a 19th century accountant who signed on a sailing ship for two years because his doctor told him his eyes would be ruined if he didn't take a break. Great book.

So here's another photo for your 9:00 p.m. break.

Post Thanks / Like

Default one more before I go

This is Charlie Bailey handing a rope to Rich Krier at the 1974 Hot Springs race. I can't imagine the terror Charlie would have ripped through the field with one of Rich's runabouts.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i knew what you ment

i knew what you ment about the numbers. that's why i take breaks and look at the great pictures everyone posts here. and then i might work on one of the loopers or z's for a bit. i need breaks from crunching the numbers. it's guy like you posting the pictures that make the days fly by.

thank all of you for posting. now back to the crunching.

frank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who Owned the Blue May-Craft with the Six???

I think that blue hydro with the in-laid wood is my old May-Craft. Sure looks like it around the transom and all...

Thread Information