Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Richard R. Walburn: The Great Boat Race

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Richard R. Walburn: The Great Boat Race

I got large envelope the other day and in it was a book....a gift. This book has been the greatest gift that I can recall. Thanks, Richard. Richard mentions "Possible mistakes".....There are always mistakes, but this book has stuff I never knew about.....I've read it, re-read it and re-read it, and showed it to everyone....

I hope Richard doesn't mind, but I'm going post several pictures and copy parts of his book...There is stuff in his book that needs to be in BRF's encyclopedia..

Thanks, a million Richard for writing the book.......Let me add, you seem to be carrying a little guilt about waving to Jack Maypole.....I was running second in the Chicago to Milwaukee to Chicago Marathon. I had never been to Milwaukee via boat and really had no idea where the turn would be. I hadn't worried because I figured I'd follow someone...wheel the helicopter was following the lead boat and I was about a half mile behind. I saw people waving from a large boat, and I'd remembered from the driver's meeting they said a "TURN BOAT" not a turn bouy...I slowed and saw a kid wave and point, I made the corner, and never looked back...I won the Chicago to Milwaukee to Chicago race......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information