Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Al Schoch, Rest in peace

Post Thanks / Like

Default Al Schoch, Rest in peace

Alvin C. Schoch stepped onto the beach at Lake Paradice Thursday evening at the age of 90. Al was the father of boat racing legend Jim Schoch.

Al was an active part of the Quincy Welding pit crew at many races during the 60's and occasionally got down on his knees to take a ride during testing.

Al was a soft spoken gentle man who will be missed by his many friends and family members.

Funeral services will be held At 1:00 Monday at Duker & Haugh Funeral Home.

www.dukerandhaugh.com

Online condolences www.whig.com

Memorials may be made to Our Redeemer Lutheran Church.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    Alvin C. Schoch stepped onto the beach at Lake Paradice Thursday evening at the age of 90. Al was the father of boat racing legend Jim Schoch.
    Gene,

Please pass my condolences on to Jim and family. I remember Al mainly from his stop-by visits to QW. He was a true gentleman.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Al Schoch...........

I seem to remember meeting Al in 63 or 64 at QW while we were up one year. Gene, please tell Jim and family we are sorry for their loss.
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Frank and Charley,

I just got back from the funeral home. I offered your condolences to Jim. He asked me to thank you.

As I sat here today remembering things about Al, I was reminded of how much he loved a good joke.

Al worked at the Pepsi-Cola bottling plant in Quincy for over 40 years. He worked his way up the ladder to production manager before retiring.

He once gave me a six-pack of Budweiser cans filled with what else? PEPSI!!!

He enjoyed giving someone what they thought was a cold beer and then seeing the look on their faces when they swallowed that first gulp of Pepsi.

I don't care who you are that's funny!

Al will be missed in this life, but he's renewing old friendships in a better place.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your dad. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am as well Jim. I never knew your Dad Jim, but I know had he to have enjoyed every minute of the time he spent boat racing. He must have been so proud of you and your racing accomplishments he could bust. He had a long life and saw a lot of things. More than many. Our prayers are with you and your family Jim.

Thread Information