Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Lakeland - 1st photos

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2009 Lakeland - 1st photos

You couldn't ask for better weather today for the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL. It was absolutely picture perfect. The crowd of spectators was the largest that we have seen in the past 25 years. Cars and people lined the entire south, west and north ends of the lake. We had to park almost a mile away from the pits.

The dry pits were packed with boats from all over the country. Here are some of them, with more to follow.

Hey Frank, here's your pictures.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

(Please note: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.)
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 2 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL. There was everything here today from K Pro & JH to C Stock to Modifieds to Jersey Speed Skiffs.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

(Please note: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 3 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL, today. There were lots of first class raceboats and teams at this event, as you can see from these photos taken in the dry pit area.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paul....

.....you're timing have could not have been better for Frank. I would love to watch those guys run at Lakeland. I've only seen alky and stock run there. It would be interesting to see these boats on that high speed circle. Thanks for the pics.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 4 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL. Some of the teams at this year's event include well known names such as Amsoil, Rinker Racing and Geico. The last few photos from this round are of the C Stock Runabouts.

Several of the teams asked us to say hi to Ron Hill for them.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 5 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL. The last photo in this round is of a new designed Austin runabout owned by Tom Nuccio. Tom's boat took both heats of his class today - he smoked the competition.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 6 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL. Chris Hellsten, a Title Series champion, was in attendance. I also ran into Buddy Tennell, another Title Series champ. His wife, Jean, was busy all afternoon taking race photos. Jean took some really amazing action photos at last year's races and we're all looking forward to seeing her pictures from this year's Orange Cup Regatta. The 2nd photo is of Wendy Eldredge, after winning the 1st heat of K Pro. The 3rd photo in this group is a better shot of the new Austin runabout. The rest of this group of photos are of the C Stock Runabouts.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 7 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL. The 1st photo here is of Wendy Eldredge after finishing 1st in the 2nd heat of K Pro. Wendy had to back off at the start of the heat as she was way early, letting 2 other boats take a big lead. In spite of the bad start, Wendy quickly caught, then passed the rest of the boats and went on to a strong finish. Way to go, Wendy.

The 6th photo here is of one of the boats being lifted by a crane over the top of the palm trees and into the water.

The last 3 photos in this group are of the Jersey Speed Skiffs, which put on quite a show.

Enjoy the photos.

Paul A Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 8 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 9 of photos from the 2009 Orange Cup Regatta at Lakeland, FL.

Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Thread Information