Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Who knows my dad? Harold Nauss

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who knows my dad? Harold Nauss

If anyone can give me any information on Harold Nauss, I would greatly appreciate it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Knew Harold

Quote Originally Posted by Allison Nauss View Post
    If anyone can give me any information on Harold Nauss, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Harold worked for Don Henrich at OMC propeller engineering in the late sixties thru mid seventies. He was one of the back room masters at buffing and shaping propellers. After OMC he worked at Michigan Wheel and eventually opened his own business. He was always eager to help at the races, but Jack Leek only wanted engine tech's to do pit repairs. Great Guy!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Harold was a fixture at the Region 7 races for a number of years and I remember stopping by at his house in Round Lake Il a few times as a kid with my dad to swap and borrow props and parts.
    In addition to being a good prop guy, he built a couple of competitive tunnels. The one he built for Terry Leatherby (#898 in the picture) set the Mod 90 record at the kilos (1975 I think). He also built a smaller version that Len Szulc ran quite well with in the sport e class.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Worked with Harold Nauss

I worked with Harold for about 15 years in OMC prop engineering. Great guy to work with. New his family well while he lived in Waukegan area and spent many hours at his house.
    Ron Cooper

Thread Information