I have to confess, I don't race boats, although I have watched a couple on the Mississippi up here in Minnesota. I am an old racer though. This was my last race car in 1970

About 8 years ago I discovered classic fiberglass boats, and had to jump in. My first was a 58 Glastron FireFlite with a 75 Johnson. I made it into a hot rod with rolled and pleated interior, and lace paint. I hopped it up by putting a 50 horse hood on it.

Then a 75 Larson All American
with a 35 Johnson

and now I'me working on a 59 Classic Barricuda that I'm putting 2 35 Johnsons on.

Well maybe I should just rebuild them and leave them alone, but the hotrodder in me says "there must be a few more horses in there just waiting" I looked through the great web and ended up here. I read about the two-cycle tuners hand book and looked for one to buy. I found one in great condition for $999. More knowledge than I wanted. But after reading a little more found one to download, but the math is a killer. I really don't need to go that fast!!!

Here's my question to the experts. I want to mill the head, How much can I take off without turning it into a race motor? If I oval out the exhaust port how much? I want a couple good running motors that stay together, but give me a little more punch. Or should I just leave well enough alone?

I hope someone has an answer for an old hotrodder.