Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pics.............

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default The Only Time We Ever Tried A Quincy C Flathead On A B & H

In 1997, after we used them in a parade it was the only time I ever tried a Quincy C Flathead Looper on a B & H hydro. That was not a good idea either! Never tried that again!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default Labeled images of internal Looper porting

I thought I had already posted these, but I can't find them. These images are copyright protected and may not be used in any books, magazines, CDs or other web sites without advance written permission. Individuals may download and save them on their computers and make print outs for your own personal use, but not for sale to other parties.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 11-29-2006 at 07:02 PM.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default I think your reply is very accurate in terms of getting my head examined again.

David, The moment it was tried there was no sane way to continue to even begin to feel it out, that feeling was immediate and scary and it came back in and out of the water just as fast as it went in. Just an insane idea like putting a early Merc 44 Modified on that Swift Big D back in 1971 and having a flying wreck of it under a minute later, this was no different in potential cause and effect. Your dead right in assessing that one.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Coming Soon! Quincy Correspondence, Parts And Price Lists

Currently being scanned, these materials will become available in the next couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like

John, please make them a little bigger than the Harrison literature .... maybe 1200 X 1200 pixels and ~150 dpi. If ya accidentally make them too big I'll resize them.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mr. Hill and Mr. March; Just saw the thread with the loopers and I think I'm gonna like this site! I'm the proud owner of seven of these beasts and am in the process of creating an eighth, a sixty c.i. since I can't aford one I'll make one. The A, B, C, D, 44F all run. Waldman's 44F will run soon. My ZRB is currently on life support but will probably come to life some time next year.

As soon as I can get me a digital camera, I'll get ya'all some pic's

Thanks for allowin me to be a part of an awesome board! I'll try not to be too big a pain in the rear.
    Don

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default LOTS OF CHEAP AND SMALL DIGITAL CAMERAs

As soon as I can get me a digital camera, I'll get ya'all some pic's

Thanks for allowin me to be a part of an awesome board!

I am still using my Kodak digital early 2 megapixel that does 4 sizes of file pictures making ideal Jpegs for sites like this plus it flashes and does a whole 2X telephoto, plus there are free and otherwise programs to change file sizes. My camera with all its goodies, case, rechargable nicads, 32 meg added card memory and recharger cost under $200 bucks, so if you for some reason sit on it, some sniffles but not major.

Welcome bro of the Quincy Flathead! In the ascence of a digi-camera a disposable camera with developed film will do if you can scan the picture to post?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default the end

Last Desilva sold at Quincy with c motor , 1979.
    Display by Art Neadneck.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the history. What does the paper taped on the deck say? Do you know? Looking forward to more pictures.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default C looper and runabout

Wayne , only read the large print about 1979 , i was looking for Battery for cam didn't find any.
    I was helping with weighing boats, was a busy day.
    Art Neadneck has a nice little display of Quincy/merc/history, i think he was on here before.
    Have some pics from pit/inspection area will work on.
    RichardKCMo

Thread Information