Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pics.............

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our A was a '66..

Harry Bartolomei ran the Konig foot on the B Looper with with 12:16 gears, I want to say...but not sure...We finally got the thing (B) running as fast as the A Hydro by jacking it up, like crazy, and running the F Runabout wheel....

But in B Runabout Harry had like a 12 foot DeSilva with a 22" bottom...In A runabout...(At DePue)....I'm talking, I ran Max McPeek AU DeSilva, 10 foot long if you stepped on it, and a 29 or 30 inch bottom...

Never really like the LOOP B...Loved to run the A...she'd wind her lid off....I'd cut the Quickie so much we were afraid to take the cone off...and hardly had a skeg....but she's corner good, with my big butt in it...crack the throttle, set her, and get back on the coals...

The B never got going and would accererate about the same...

Now, after all these years, Frank tells us why!!!!

Thanks, again, Frank, for posting...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-28-2004 at 03:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re-cast bell & elbow

Rich Ollhoff in Wisconsin has a cast of the Gen 3 bell and the elbow with the water injection hump. The elbow can be drilled and ported to match your power head. I'm posting a photo of both. He also has a mold for the Gen 1 bell but has not cast any. If your missing a part these look really good and it is from an origional mold! You can see I started to clean up a bell to be polished.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

WooHoo!!!!

At the rate you're going. she'll be singin' again by the Spring!!

You MUST (p/please?) send us either a mpeg or a sound file to post here of the maiden run.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, what is the ID and OD of the gen 3 bell?
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Team Member

I just learned of this web-site today. Spend most of my time hanging around the SWAMPPIT. Spent many hours with Frank "Down by the riverside"!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Exhaust sizes

The I.D. looks to be the same as the photo sizes in the Quincy Exhaust thread. The O.D. is about 1 7/8 at the small end and 6 1/16 at the bell. This is an exact fit in my origional elbows. I did see the Gen 1 pattern. Its an old wood two piece pattern.
    Last edited by switzerbullet; 12-31-2004 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Add photo

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aluminum Air Traps

Ron,

This is a little late as I didn't see your earlier post about alunimum air traps at the 1957 Stock Nationals. My brother & I had them on our "A" & "B" Sid-Craft hydro's, as well as Charlie Piper on his Sid & Bob Mehnert, who made them for us, had them on his Sid "DSH". I think Bob was 4th. I had won the divisionals which were run in conjunction with the nationals as we were postponed from the Buffalo divisionals due to rough water. I won with my 20H with just about the rest of the field including Piper & Bob Tod with Hot Rods. If you remeber the "BSH" finals, run on Monday, there were many gun jumpers, including myself, with Chris Erestom with a 20H & Charleton hydro winning. We had to leave right after the race, get home to NJ & on Wenesday reported to the US Merchant Marine Academy for 4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie Piper...

Haven't heard that name in years..

Johnny,

Truth is we left Monday morning...As you recall it rained and rained and rained...

My dad flew home. I went with Dave Hart's family and he had come to run the Mennen Marathon....and that was Friday... Dave was ready to get going...

So, I only saw the first turn of one heat, from the bridge as we were leaving...We stopped to watch, in the rain...I saw an accident in C or D hydro.....I always thought I saw the Chet McClung accident....It was only after we got home that I learned someone had been killed... Rules changed to 12 boats per heat the next year....but I think getting rid of sponson fins would have made more sense...

I did leave Worchester with a good feeling...I had met the Stippich's...even though Keith wet me down in AU...seems a friendship was forming. I had spent some time with Jerry Waldman and Dick O'Dea...

Post Thanks / Like

Joe Michellini's 6 cyl looper:
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default NICE LOOPER HISTORICAL & UPTODATE PHOTOS TOO!

Thanks for posting all the nice historical pictures to up to date on the Quincy Loopers. Some of you know I am a Quincy Flathead enthusiast collector and since each is rebuilt I have driven each one once to make my hair stand on edge before they go into my rec room display. I could never afford those engines when I ran stock hydros and now here I am collecting them worn out to be rebuilt and live again.

I am having some difficulty picturing what was Ray Nydahl's reversed Looper 4 cylinder with his custom crankcase and chambers. His son Pete gave me a call to coach me through what he could remember and I have some pictures of it when Anderson had one but I have not good multy angle closeups to do it all exactly right. Can anyone out there help me with some pictures of the exact way Ray Nydahl had his? Would be greatly appricated as my imagination has its limits and could use that helping hand in the restoration. Email me - John Taylor at anzani@mts.net

Thread Information