Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pics.............

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Now Wondering If That Chaparral F Quincy Powered Pic Is?

That picture of Walgrave driving his 6 cylinder Quincy Flathead powered Chaparral is the F Chaparral hydro I have sitting here in storage all restored has just made my day!! I have a small picture of my restored F Chaparral hydro on this website. I do not have the spoiler from the back he does but now I can make one up just from the picture! For Wayne and family it must be kind of cool that there are two Chaparral raceboats up north here within 120 miles of each other and restored. Unfortunately I can only show mine with a 6 Quinchy piped Mark 75 FE Mod engine or one of the 44 or 46 Inch Quincy Flathead F class 4 bangers. The otehr fellow will be putting his D sized Chaparral on display at local boat shows and at the Historical Class Wood Boat Show on Lake of the Woods this coming summer and already I can see he wants something more to show her engine wise than a Merc 44 cube Quicksilver mouted rat motor. If there is some way of contacting the Walgrave family, we could do some file transfers of our pictures with computers so they can complete the Chaparral scrapbook of pictures todate this 2005. Anyone have any contact information to share with us??? Email me, John Taylor at anzani@mts.net or call evenings by telephone at (204) 667-3815.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default If Walgrave was Minnesota raceboats G-71 Who was G-711 (F hydro)

I have an old picture of a G-711 hydro and I met the former driver again meaning I met him when I was a young teenager at a powerboat race before at a APBA Nationals Stock / Modified outboard race at Wakefield, Mich in the early 1990s. We got to talking about the older race days and he always carried a picture of his G-711 cabover hydro in his wallet sleve in a lamination. Does anyone know or remember who that G-711 Class F hydro driver was?

Post Thanks / Like

John do you now the older gent in the yellow jumpsuit? His last name is Homeberg (sp) and that C looper has some histery. My dad bought it from Mike Franck.We then raced it for about ten years, Then it was sold to Homeberg. He only raced it about 3 times before he had a Bad crash at Serpent lake in Crosby MN. My dad spent some time that day ropin that looper dry. The boat was trashed. See Before and after pics. G77 was when it was my dads. G70 was when it was Homeberg's. That boat and motor were made for each other.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Lights; 04-02-2005 at 05:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy I need to learn to resize them scaned pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

You're doin' just fine !!

Post Thanks / Like

Got the pic's fixed.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Homberg's Picture With His Looper - Was Done

That picture I took of Homberg, his Quincy Flathead C and Chaparral hydro was also taken on his birthday as I recall. Nice Genteman and Nice Pipes!

Post Thanks / Like

John, That looper and my uncle Jim leyde could beat most D's and some F's that were in the midwest. Homberg was a good racer and a realy nice guy. That looper was just to much for him to handle. I never seen him realy go all out with it.

Do you now if he is still alive? I have not seen him since he retiard.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Looper pic thread continues.........

Here is 1 on John Taylor's Loopers.

He sent me a coupla' pics a while back of all his engines in his garage / shop. I posted on HR and called it "Garage of Dreams"

How bout' some more John????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whoh!!!

Pretty serious stuff........Can you imagine the noise??

I must say though........I sure hate seeing them on engine stands at shows. They should be RUN !!

Thread Information