Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pics.............

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, remember seeing that same set up on someone as well as Christners stuff once, we ran a Levendusky tower housing with a Konig foot on both the 250 and 350 loopers we had at one time, both were bad about running backwards when you started them from time to time, that was untill dad dropped the timing back to about 95 degrees btc, still ran same speed but just didnot run over the help in the water.

Composite Specialties

I remember seeing that white tower housing at Depue in the late sixty's and early seventies on all of Gerry Waldmans boats. Spooker and Spooker II

Post Thanks / Like

Talking I can attest....

Quote Originally Posted by fred tyson
    Mike, remember seeing that same set up on someone as well as Christners stuff once, we ran a Levendusky tower housing with a Konig foot on both the 250 and 350 loopers we had at one time, both were bad about running backwards when you started them from time to time, that was untill dad dropped the timing back to about 95 degrees btc, still ran same speed but just didnot run over the help in the water.
    Fred,

Launched your brother at Elizabeth City one day along with your dad. Had to haul *** up the shore to get out of the way of the boat going the wrong direction!!!!! I never got near another looper!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loopers-Mike Schmidt

Mike:
    Isnt that two cyl. looper the Waldman looper you had sitting in your office at the time I stopped by when Iwas out east picking up my 125 hydro? And I believe you sold it to buy a new Rossi. A True Racer and you have your priorities rite! As Ron said, who would want to lay down in a hydro at 85-90 miles per. No One. It's not fast enough anymore!
    See ya in the first turn.

Bruce Summers
    V-71
    Boat Racing: A disease for which there is no cure.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enough to make a grown man cry

Just received my D Looper from FEDEX smashed. Origional as raced and not frozen up. I'm really mad as it was dropped then put in another box and shipped as if nothing happened. Nothing on it to say it should be inspected that they damaged it.. FEDEX boxed it so they are going to have to pay the damage. Anyone out there that can write up a repair bill? The cost should be for replacement of parts to as new condition, not just welded up. All machine work and installation. I would like them to pay about $800 to $900. The magnito is smashed, the front crankcase broken and the early exhaust elbow broke in half. I'm not sure about carb damage yet. Thanks...Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fed ex damages

good luck on getting them to pay anymore than salvage prices, being in the freight business I know how this works, if shipper did not put value on engine or claim that contents were anything other than used engine, well you have had it, they will pay claim for cost per salvage price only, doubt you will get any compensation for repairs as they will want what they paid for which is the engine, look at bill of lading really close to see how enhine was described, especially since they reboxed and tried to hide damages.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fed ex damage

I have a $1000 in insurance on it. They did the origional packing. Then after it was damaged, they took the damaged box and put it into another so I have that also! I took digital pictures of it as soon as I saw the inner box ripped before it was removed, so I hope I'm covered. I wont give up the motor and hope to make them pay for parts to put it into the condition as shipped. I know the early elbow will be hard to find.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I don't know...

We sent a gearcase to Wisconsin in a Federal Express box. They broke the skeg. They returned it, we shipped another in their box and the broke that one too..Guy decided to repair it on the second time...We have yet to settle with the insurance claim...

Got a motor from Florida, Roadway Express. Cod for the shipping, the power trim pump was missing. I told them at the time, called when I got home...6 weeks later they call want want me to pay the freight or they ding my credit....

I said, "TRY IT." Pay my claim, and subtract the freight, I said. Freight was $390, power trim pump is $489. We'll see. Trim pumps can be replaced, Waldman's Looper can't.

I shipped a V-6 Merc Cowling and insurance it for $100. Driver remembered putting it in the truck, but never taking it out. UPS remebursed me The full value of the cowling, even though it was insured for $100.00

I ship UPS, but then I was a Ned Jarrett fan before Dale was racing!!!!!

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default Its clear that the engine was not packaged too well

It is too bad about all the damage. I too have been victim on what is really my own stupidity when I assumed that UPS would take care of the shipment with what I thought was good packaging. It wasn't. I went to a local Mercury dealer to really find out how and it really means breaking it down to the largest components being separated and "entombing" the engine in plastic wrap, bubble wrap, popcorn and then expanding foam in a large box with sytrofoam walls and tons of tape to where the contents are in the box like suspended animation! and you can almost bounce the box off the grond like a basketball! AND I mean just that. Since then there has not been a single freight damage problem. I tell you don't scrimp on the packaging no different than on the shipping. The average cost to package and ship a Merc 4 cylinder racing engine is about $50.00 in packaging and about $150.00 to ship anywhere in North Amerca. What you seen in how that Quincy was shipped would not happen,

That Quincy front is from a Merc 500 44 cube engine. The broken elbo Dick Olthoff (who makes the Looper 6) can replace that or have it welded and do a good refinishing job. Sure it looks all awful but it can be repaired easily and without great cost.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski

Default More Chaparrals - Quincy powered

I can only assume that the Chaparral flat deck wedge hydros made by Wayne Walgrave were all Quincy powered Alkys. In this 1980 or 1981 picture at Detroit Lakes, Minnesota there were 2 more stacked up still waiting on the trailer to use soon enough. At this race there were Modifieds, Alkys and Inboards all on deck that day though she was a little rough.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information