Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: How Fast Will A Quincy 6 Go ?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I know just how fast one can change a power head and a unit. The hardest was the 500 Yamato with the 4 into cables to pull but it wasn't to bad. He made shorter ones for the lay down years ago. I knew of 4 with you having 2 of them on boats, my old boat and Geslers

Post Thanks / Like

I run a little 3' throttle cable on all my engine that go to (What I call a pendulum) linkage so that all the engines with different cable travel requirements can be quickly disconnected and connected.
    I couldn't imagine running something simple... I would lose my mind even worse than I have already!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol J-Dub. Yeah the tricky part for ours was the pipe cable but we had the extra cables mounted to a board in the boat. On the water pickup we had a small curved piece that bolted to the bottom of the tower to get good a good flow of water. And the prop that he ran on the hydro and runabout with the Konig was x651. I changed power heads on your 2 boats so many times with Howard and Mark over the years lol.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You said you had a young girl friend but that one in picture could get you jail time boy!

Post Thanks / Like

Damm Bull Moose your tough today lol. How you been? And take it easy on our friend here lol You flying out to watch Steve??.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope!home. Boy will keep me informed, hope he has had time to practice what I taught him in Michigan, Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Steve. Well you toght many of us including me. Never will forget my Shadow Cliff lesson which including Howard and I if you remember that one. I'm looking forward to seeing this run like everyone else is. Steve always great to chat with ya and miss ya as well. J-Dub looking forward to hearing it run but more to see ya as its been to long. Last I believe was when I roped a six for ya at Salt Springs years ago.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1100r View Post
    Lol Steve. Well you toght many of us including me. Never will forget my Shadow Cliff lesson which including Howard and I if you remember that one. I'm looking forward to seeing this run like everyone else is. Steve always great to chat with ya and miss ya as well. J-Dub looking forward to hearing it run but more to see ya as its been to long. Last I believe was when I roped a six for ya at Salt Springs years ago.
    was that when I ran your C Yamato? if so then yes I remember. You boys thought this ol Southern boy didn't know how to drive,start and go fast, huh... imagine that! Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Were you giving driving LESSONS?

Bruce
    Likes 1100r liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1100r View Post
    Yup. That was just a 66" Deflector on fuel on a 14' Flat Deck DeSilva. I remember Paul had hurt their Stevens Six in the second heat and I ended up winning the Divisionals that day. Then a few hour after the races, Paul comes back into the pits with their Six Looper in the back of a pickup...
    I remember that moment like yesterday... I was sitting on my trailer having a couple "Barley Flavored Soda's" with a few racers, Rucker being one of'm, because that's when Bill pointed out the obvious "You're screwed now Kid!" And the following day, Paul confirmed Bill's "Theory".
    Good Times! I really enjoyed racing in Region 11 in those days. I met some great, forever friends in your region!

Thread Information