Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: How Fast Will A Quincy 6 Go ?

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's when you could run from one end of the pits at DePue to the other Gene with a 44 looper tucked under your left arm and balancing with your right arm weaving through the boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gene at Alex

Wayne I saw Gene do it at Alex more than one time.

Post Thanks / Like

Only 1 44? I think I remember seeing Mr. East running down the pits with a couple, one in each arm. This was DePue when you could hear everyone yelling.........."Gene....Down here!". When you're good, you're good. Gene was.....and still is the best.
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Charley, Charley, Charley.

What am I going to do with you? I never carried more than one motor at a time, but thanks anyway.

I'm looking forward to DePue. I just heard from Jimmy Aderholdt,(yes that Jimmy Aderholdt) that he will be there in 125 and 175 hydro.

It's been a long time since I've heard from him. We need to get him on BRF. I'll work on him.

BTW: How's your 350 shaping up. Hope you had a great Christmas. We're ALL going to have a great 2012.

Hope J-Dub can do his thing with the six banger. Didn't that sound sweet? And he was just idling!

I feel so sorry for the young bucks who missed the good times we BDOBR's had!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I remember those day's

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    That's when you could run from one end of the pits at DePue to the other Gene with a 44 looper tucked under your left arm and balancing with your right arm weaving through the boats.
    I remember seeing that as well! Quite an impression on a young high school kid. I always wanted to rope like Gene and when I met him a couple years ago, I told him he was one of my heros. gene reminds me of another man I met through Odell lewis at a offshore race. His name was Mell Riggs. Odell always said that " Mell's mother dressed him funny, She put his legs out his shirt sleeves". Same could be said about Gene back then. Just pickin at ya bit Gene Steve

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gene's arms were much bigger than my legs when I first met him Steve. We were the enemy then, as we ran Konigs, but when you watch a powerhead swap before your eyes, you have to nod your head to the enemy. I didn't know they did something like that on a regular basis, as Joe alluded to. I only saw it once, but that was enough for me. Quincy Welding should have made sure that their CDF racers pitted closer together. No....cancel that thought. If it weren't for that.....a pit man by the name of Gene East may not have come to my attention....and become a great and dear friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Gene putting the muscle to my 500 Konig a couple of years ago. To Gene, you don’t have to do that anymore. At DePue both Charley and I have electric starters so all you have to exercise is your right thumb. To everyone else that rumbling that you feel in the ground is not an earthquake it is just O.F. rolling over in his grave at the thought of Gene cranking a dreaded Konig.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Thank all of you for your kind comments.You're bringing tears to a fat old man's eyes.

I love all of you like the brothers you are.

P.S. Tim
    I think O.F. will forgive me. We'll ask him someday.

J-Dub, Do you have any further reports?? This thread is about you, not me.

Post Thanks / Like

After a few carb pointers from Mr. Fuchslin, and a test trial with the dyno, I'm off to make some noise! I am taking it to Kens place (The owner of the engine), because he doesn't pissing off his neighbors with a little racket. My shop in right in Edmonds where any prolonged dyno pulls with an open megaphone engine would likely result in a visit from the local police. Don't need that. We'll save that for the 2800HP turbine, which makes less noise...
    Also, my friend Patrick Gleason did catch video of yesterdays brief pull, but he was having difficulties posting it.

The video is on my facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1041570831

J-Dub
    Last edited by J-Dub; 01-08-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: add f/b note

Tim Weber
    Post Thanks / Like

J Dub,

It's been way fun watching this take place. I spoke with Lon Stevens a few years ago and I asked him about his baby.

He told that his best dyno pull was 156 hp. Now, how accurate his dyno? This was the engine that Fuschlin has run. I asked him why he didn't play with a looper. He didn't feel you could pull as much power plus he felt is was a disadvatage to his deflector set up with the extra weight.

I'll be real curious to see what you pull. I'm sure there will be other comments deflector 6
    verses looper 6.

Tim

Thread Information