I ran one of Wayne Walgrave's 11'6" hulls with a Mark 55H back in the day. Wayne is a good friend and we spent a lot of time together back then. We went to the world finals back in the fall of '71 I believe in Louisiana, where someone clocked Wayne at 135 mph in practice! We had so much trouble keeping shear pins in the prop shaft that Wayne made connection with someone from the local air base who brought him some "aircraft" bolts which finally solved that problem. We had the fastest rig on the lake at the time, but were defeated by hitting an aligator milling before the race, and tore off half the propeller! This was a bit disconcerting as we were told there were hardly any fish in that lake and were swimming in it the day before. The guys from Texas stood on the bank and said, "Where'd Y'all say you were from?" They figured it was way to late in the year to swim. Wayn'es boats were from a design concocted by a fighter pilot who designed them to be a stable aerodynamic platform with no lift coming from the flat deck, and the wedge nose keeping them firm in the air. I used to fly mine about an inch off the water riding on my re-shaped gear box, and there were no D Mods that could beat it. We raced with Midwest Power Boat Assoc. out of Minneapolis, MN where I could step down a class with my stocker, and run with the C Pros. I actually won a race at Minnominee, WI. Ran it wide open, never backed off for the corners! Controlled it all with body english. What a ride! Wayne's six was an animal! People would stand behind us on the shore because it was so wicked looking, and wouldn't pay attention when we told them they should move. After we'd light the fire, you should have seen them run! If you'd like any more info, I can tell some stories. Hope this goes well, it's my first time using one of these forums.