Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somebody said: I do..??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mercguy

Hey, you might be right about the Coast Guard approved, in fact, I assume you are right....but when you are in Parker, at a race, and you've stalled out teen times in two heats on Saturday and you've every electric thing we could find twice, you start looking for a fuel problem.

When Dave Wells walks up and asks, "Why we kept stopping yesterday?" And I tell him we are clueless....He listens then says you don't have an EFI gas line.....A quick check, and he was right. Pat Bowman then changed the lines and he ran like a SONG...Seems he was 2nd with 12 boats......

OPTIMAX could be another story....

Who said, "I do"???

Post Thanks / Like

Default EFI lines

Mercguy:
    Mercs are: 150 EFI
    1.-2002, serial: OT445432
    1.-2003, " OT747825

Asked Mercury Marine of Mexico, for wiring diagrams for those engines, (received other model) because the big flood we had back in 2007, in our state, just washed away everything in the city, All my equipment and software were lost, I´m re-starting again step by step, do you can help me with those diagrams? anyway I will follow Ron´s advice, and put EFI lines, because they goes in the bunch of control cables, wires and hoses through the flexible plastic conduit to the motors, and they are very restricted.
    Thanks for your great help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Hey, you might be right about the Coast Guard approved, in fact, I assume you are right....but when you are in Parker, at a race, and you've stalled out teen times in two heats on Saturday and you've every electric thing we could find twice, you start looking for a fuel problem.

When Dave Wells walks up and asks, "Why we kept stopping yesterday?" And I tell him we are clueless....He listens then says you don't have an EFI gas line.....A quick check, and he was right. Pat Bowman then changed the lines and he ran like a SONG...Seems he was 2nd with 12 boats......

OPTIMAX could be another story....

Who said, "I do"???
    you were just running crappy cheap fuel insufficient line to start with Ron..........my personal 2.5EFI's ran JUST fine with 3/8 non-EFI (if thats what you wanna call it) fuel line..............and have rigged HUNDREDS of outboards!!!!!!!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vrunner79 View Post
    Mercguy:
    Mercs are: 150 EFI
    1.-2002, serial: OT445432
    1.-2003, " OT747825

Asked Mercury Marine of Mexico, for wiring diagrams for those engines, (received other model) because the big flood we had back in 2007, in our state, just washed away everything in the city, All my equipment and software were lost, I´m re-starting again step by step, do you can help me with those diagrams? anyway I will follow Ron´s advice, and put EFI lines, because they goes in the bunch of control cables, wires and hoses through the flexible plastic conduit to the motors, and they are very restricted.
    Thanks for your great help

you DO NOT need special (EFI?) fuel hose for your motors, just HIGH QUALITY Coast Guard approved 3/8 fuel line. Have you checked the VST tank for any contamination? I assume you are using a DDT to check the PCM for trouble codes, etc or are you using CDS laptop software? You did a compression check right? You said the engine goes into GUARDIAN mode with the low oil alarm going off......have you checked the oil sensor in the engine mounted oil tank for a short or that the float is sticking or that there is air in the line? A failure there will create the issue you are having...........

also, you can check for a fuel restriction by installing a vacuum gauge in the fuel line prior to the engine mounted pulse pump ...........
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default running fine

Ok, I tested the boat today, went all the way down throtles, till 5,600 and no problem at all, no oil alarm, no low pressure alarm, no high temp, or anything, BUT...
    now, gauges are beeping about pitot, (must be clogged), wheel paddle, (not installed), fault trim ( I dont realize why is not recognizing trim sender, both motors)
    Still working on it, any help will be apreciated

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by vrunner79; 03-28-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Wishing a wonderful boating weekend to evry´body..

Thread Information