Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Old Flattbottom and Jet boat pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salt Springs, UT 1986

The only race that I didn't attend in my fathers racing career was because of final exams in High School. A bunch of Arizona Navy Members grabbed my father and made a "guys only" trip to Salt Springs, Utah. My father always had wished they held more races there, and now I know why. I didn't take the photo's, but I did find them in a white envelop with no note on who took them. Not to mention any names, but maybe "Bubba" can elaborate on the photo's some day??? Rumor had it that I might have a step brother/sister in Utah somewhere???

Flatbottom Pro Comp Boat.....$35,000
    Flatbottom Pro Comp Boat with hot 80's chic.....$35,000+
    Smile on my dad's smile after getting her digits.....................Priceless!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Default Laughlin, NV. 1986

Not the best quality, but here are some pictures from Laughlin, NV. 1986..

Looks like first photo is SS-61 driven by Jim "Bubba" Newton
    Third picture shows SS-33 driven by Mike Moore on the inside, lane 2 ???, lane 3 was SS-65 "Nasty Habit" driven by Mike Marstall, on the outside was SS-61 driven by Jim "Bubba" Newton
    Comp Jet picture shows CJ-451 driven by Rob Irwin on the inside of CJ-462 driven by a Jeff Christensen. Rob Irwin was the winner of the Faulkner Memorial Trophy and Moyle Mink in 1986.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firebird Lake, Chandler, AZ. March 1986

Shabby pictures from Firebird 1986 includes.........

PC-230 "Major Motion" driven by Tom Conant and PC-14 "Eye of the Tiger" driven by Jamie Jamison.

Threw in a couple of straight-line flatty's.....One is the infamous BAF "Ivory Hunter" driven by the Jim Ermshar

Post Thanks / Like

Default And the Crackers are...

P99 was owned by Jeff Walsh at that time .May have been Julian Rucki driving?
    P74 was mine in its original $60 paint job. We blew the side off that weekend when we 'tripped' it going upriver in rough conditions. Oh the memories! 'flyer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HotWireFlyer View Post
    Oh the memories! 'flyer
    You got that right!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HotWireFlyer View Post
    P99 was owned by Jeff Walsh at that time .May have been Julian Rucki driving?
    P74 was mine in its original $60 paint job. We blew the side off that weekend when we 'tripped' it going upriver in rough conditions. Oh the memories! 'flyer

that is jeff walsh driving and richard rucki riding. and here is a pic of the p74 after the carnage of that heat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firebird 1987

Pictures from Firebird 1987 include....

PC-14 "Eye of the Tiger" driven by Jamie Jamison
    PC-71 ?? driven by Jimmy Sullivan
    A picture of Bob Goettle's "pimped out" trailer with the windows and custom paint.
    PC-230 "Major Motion" driven by Tom Conant
    SS-61 "Hubba Bubba" driven by Jim Newton battling PC-?? driven by Allen Rice
    SS-67 "Justin Time" driven by Geoff Nance battling SS-65 "Nasty Habit" driven by Mike Marstall
    Through in a couple of Top Fuel Hydros and one Blown Alcohol Flatty just because.

Post Thanks / Like

The next photo's I'll post are the Inboard Nationals at the Miami Marine Stadium in 1987.

This picture is of K-290 "Blue Thunder" owned by Bill Moore and driven by Gordie "The King" Jennings Jr.
    Gordie would go on to crash this boat over the weekend. Hopefully I can find a picture of this boat hanging from the crane, totally destroyed.

I'll try to post more pictures from the event this weekend...after testing at Blythe.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inboard Nationals at Miami, FL. 1987

The "hottest" Inboard Nationals that I ever attended...Miami Marine Stadium 1987..

The first two photos include K-999 driven by Duff Daily and K-290 "Blue Thunder" driven by Gordon "The King" Jennings Jr.
    Both would crash in separate incidents, with each driver being released the same day from the local hospital if my memory is correct?
    K-190 "Rolling Thunder II" driven by George Nordling
    K-130 "Minuteman" driven by Michael Neutz

More Miami 87' pictures to post this week...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inboard Nationals at Miami, FL. 1987

Pictures of this set include......

K-50 "the old K-28" owned and driven by ????? I know Bob Bode would purchase the boat, hopefully someone can recall who the owner/driver was prior to Bode?
    K-88 ???? along side Duff Daily driving K-999
    A great shot of the start of the final on Sunday with K-190 "Rolling Thunder II" Owned by Richard and Samma Thompson, driven by George Nordling on the inside, K-88 ????? in lane 2, and K-130 "Minuteman" owned and driven by Michael Knutz on the outside. Gordie and Duff had crashed prior to the finals on Sunday.
    Second to last picture shows the K-boat National Champion for 87' would be K-190 driven by George Nordling from Milwaukie, Oregon........you can see the crowd was having as much fun as I was...
    The last picture I thought was pretty cool....it shows the great venue and skyline that is called "Miami Marine Stadium" with 5 liters coming out of the pits. I know efforts are under way to revitalize racing at that venue...I sure hope so!

I'll post some Pro Stock pictures from this event soon!

Thread Information