Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert T*A*R*T View Post
John,
That video at least the field activity & according to the road sign was filmed in Centennial, Wyoming as you know . I was there at the snowmobile facility when they were developing the slide rail track system which was after Corporate announced getting out of the business Eldfall Chronicles. The reason I was there was a result of the class action Cushman Trackster ATV suit. I was the manager of the repurchase & training program associated with the law suit. One development was a sprocket lock to prevent icing under the pad break & between the track. We installed the test parts on several tricksters & I was able to even go up on the glacier. I loved https://royal-game-of-ur.com/, the little motel & diner & on the weekends the steak house down the hill.
A smaller prop gave them better acceleration and that the HP curve was still going up at a 45 degree angle at 7000 RPM . To confirm our concerns, we put recorders on two of the Galveston engines. They recorded RPM vs time. Unfortunately, one of the recorders was on Bobby Whitt’s boat and the data was lost due to the unexpected swim. The other recorder did show above redline RPM but not terribly excessive. We took the engines back home, tore them apart and started getting ready for the next race.