Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking For Kober Cat Pics

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kober Kat Pics

My Dad ran a Kober in the late sixties. It was 14ft long and the first ones didn't have a true tunnel bottom, they started out as a tunnel then narrowed as it went back to a very narrow "Cat" style bottom. A few years later Dave made a true tunnel bottom and then a race deck that was rather futuristic for it's time. I'll get some photos from him and try to post them.
    Jimmy Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Those used to

be very popular around here. There was a set of molds that used to float around in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Troy Gaddy used to have some very fast ones in teh early 70's to early 80's.

What power are you planning on running? One of those with a 12in inline 6 with a xr-6 gearcase would be a cool ride and would be controllable.

Russ
    Russ Rogers
    Fort Worth (Hell's Half Acre), TX

http://www.caldwellracingtechnology.com/

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im new to this forum but wanted to say this was surprising for me to find. Im hoping to find some people who knew my Dad back in the racing days. I mentioned to my Dad who is 88 years old that I found some pictures that looked like a race boat I remembered him having when I was a kid. I told him it was called a Kober Kat. His eyes lit up and he said yeah Dave Kober was a good friend of his and built that boat in his garage for me. Dad use to do bracket racing and circle racing. We lived in California till '72 then moved to the midwest.
    I gave dad the number posted here for Dave but this post is several years old. Im hoping Dave is still around. Bill Emde is my Dads name if anyone remembers him. He also raced a tunnel hull the 707 a tangerine orange mulinari owned by Art Moore with Dads motor and raced with a guy named Dean Martin who had the "Bitch Kitty"
    I remember one of Dads boats was 341gp or pg not sure what class that was middle 60's

Thread Information