Bunkey Bowerman is another driver I remember. I remember one race in Lakeland (could have been elsewhere in SF)that he donated 2 inboard hydro hulls for a bond fire down in an orange grove. I kicked a hole in the bow of one boat and we tied a rope to it and hooked to a truck and took it for a ride. Had at least 10 people in the boat at the time. The last one on was Marshall Eldridge Jr. It was all fun and games going down the dirt road but when he hit the black stop and picked up speed the sparks were flying. Dark as could be he needed to turn around. As he came upon a fruit processig center he started a turn and begain to sling the hydro and as speed picked up in the turn all I saw was a telehone pole coming at me. I braced for impact and Marshall jettison himself from the boat. We missed the telephone pole by inches and the last I saw Marshall he was tumbling into the ditch. The driver of the pickup never stopped until we got back to the bond fire. About a half hour or so later Marshall came back to the bond fire. He caught a ride with another driver comeing to the bond fire.