Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tommy Hooten

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy Hooten

I have seen some old posts from Hooten Racing but no mention of Tommy Hooten. Man that cat was fast and well as a great gentleman. I remember one race when I broke off an expansion chanber. Tommy loaned me a spare expanson chamber so I could race and then commened ot out run my butt.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Boss...........

Mr. Hooten is still around and in a supervisory position.........he and Lenore are always close by at most races and especially when David hits the course. Tommy will never change. A devout competetor and all around nice guy.........
    Charley Bradley

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy Hooten

I remember Tommy in that Bad *** C Konig if my memory serves me correct. I remember Jim I and the others laughing like crazy when it came out of the third turn. He was so fast we thought it was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to see Tommy one last time. But alas, my passion has turned from Racing to Diving!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommy was always a contender from the days when I raced with him. We had some good battles at Lakeland and Alex. I found out he was at Winterhaven last year and went by his pits several times, but they were all busy. David had just blown a hole in his sponson, and I brought back the largest piece of deck to help cover that portion, but I didn't want to interfere with them.

The races I had the most fun with running against Tommy were in D and F hydro. If he got out front, you were not getting around him. If you were leading, you could not ever back off, because he was always right there. Give him my best next time you see him Charley.

Post Thanks / Like

hers a pic. of tommy down at jesup ga. his the one in the blue shirt and cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tommy Hooten

I am in Daytona Beach now and travel to Ginnie Springs on ocassion. I'd love to see Tommy Hooten again. We always called him Rooten tooten Hooten!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Driving

Charlie, you should come back to boat racing ,you can get just as wet racing as diving. Good to see you here.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny, if you remember correctly, I spent about as much time out of the boat than I did in the boat. All my crashed were spectacular. I remember the race at the Orlando Naval base when Ralph Donald and I were on the 2nd lap and going around the 1st pin. We were well in excess of 85 as Ralph started to pass. I slid back just a few inches and became airborne immediately. I felt like I was at least 50 feet in the air going straight up. Still in the boat I figuged I better punch out and get away from the boat. I hit the water so hard that my watch was stripped from my wrist and every ounce of strength was siphoned from my body. I was so weak I could not give the OK sign. I remember the recue boat had to drag me into the boat. Yea back in the day!!!

Thread Information