Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Craig Craft

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Craig Craft

I have had this boat hanging in my garage for 20 years my dad gave it to my when i was 3 or so. I would love any info on it as my goal is to get it on the water this year! please help me out i would love to get into this sport and would love to learn about my boat it says its a 1971 craig craft for mark m. denabay .. i think that is the last name it is hard to read
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default progress...

as of tonight this is what my boat looks like...

Post Thanks / Like

Craig Craft boats were designed by Craig Selvidge of Region 10.

Here's a thread that discusses him:

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=2750

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default think the name is a little different

There is a possiblility the name is Mark Demaray, instead of the way you have spelled it. I remember a person by that name from the NW that raced for a while, back in the 70's I believe.

You might try that spelling of the name on the search feature of BRF and see if you come up with anything. Also there is a person in your area named Dean Hobart that might have some info on your boat or at least the builder. He has been around boat racing in that area for a long time. I am sure Dean is a member here on BRF and maybe you could contact him thru the members list and send him a PM.

Good Luck

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post
    There is a possiblility the name is Mark Demaray, instead of the way you have spelled it. I remember a person by that name from the NW that raced for a while, back in the 70's I believe.

You might try that spelling of the name on the search feature of BRF and see if you come up with anything. Also there is a person in your area named Dean Hobart that might have some info on your boat or at least the builder. He has been around boat racing in that area for a long time. I am sure Dean is a member here on BRF and maybe you could contact him thru the members list and send him a PM.

Good Luck
    yep, that's marks old boat he lives in the edmonds area

Lake Sammamish, Washington and Indio, California
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contact Mark Demaray

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post

Good Luck
    Here's Mark Demaray's e-maill address:

E-Mail: markdemaray@msn.com

Good Luck,

Dean Hobart

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That is indeed my old boat – Craig Selvidge and I built it in the winter of 1970-1 and I raced it in the 1971 season in Region 10 in the A Stock Hydro class with a KG-4 Merc. I have some photos of it when it was new and while I was racing in those days. It was a very fast boat - built it in Edmonds on the waterfront in a building that burned down in the late 70's.

That particular design was influenced in part by Hedlund Hydros - guys from
    60's in Illiniois - in part by a great woodworker who built airplanes and other cool things named Jim Jatho, that helped Craig Selvidge and all of us in the very early days, and part by Criag's own ideas. In 1972 the designs wwere changed a bit - there were maybe 5 or 6 of the Hedlund/Jatho/Craig style boats made like this one. This one was mostly made of 3 mm Ultilie and was light as a feather.

I will try to find some photos of it when it was new and post them.

Mark Demaray

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default more pictures

Thanks for the Info Mark I am really exited about this boat! It is going to be alot of fun!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat

Also to comment this boat is does weight next to nothing the only problem is keeping the plywood from cracking it is so thin and brittle!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That was the nature of that species of wood - we used mostly Ocumie after this one as the thin 3mm Utilie was pretty brittle as you say.

Let me try to dig out some photos tonight and send them to you or post them.

Mark

Thread Information