Before older members of existing and defunct racing clubs are no longer able to share history, memories and photos, we should make a record of the clubs, their members and activities for posterity. They were and are important not only to racing but also to our national and local cultural and sports heritage.

Region 11 is to be commended for posting old region 11 meeting minutes on its old website back to the 1930s. Beyond that, in combing the internet I find very little or nothing at all about some of the associations that I knew or was a member of in former times. Livermore Outboard Association, East Bay Boat Club, Manitoba Outboard Racing Association and the races that were sponsored by the Mariposa Yacht Club and so many more that I can remember. Every area has or had them and they are fading from the collective memory. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be. On the other hand, it would be great if people who know or knew these groups could record those memories in BRF. So,contribute your recollections or pictures or collections. If you know others that can, encourage them to contribute or do it with them. They may not know about BRF and that their/our history is important. Hopefully, there is backup of BRF so that if and when it goes out of existence that all of this great material collected until now and thereafter is not lost.

As sportspeople, we must preserve our evolution and history because mainstream media has largely forgotten about our sport.