Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pirates, Planes & Automobiles

Threaded View

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirates, Planes & Automobiles

As many of you know, my father, O. F. Christner, loved motors - all kinds. Whether outboards, or in cars or even planes, if it was a motor, he was interested in (1) finding out all he could about the motor and (2) seeing if he could make it run faster.

I recently attended a classic British car & antique prop plane show on Davis Island. Davis Island is just off shore from Tampa, FL in the Tampa Bay. There was a large selection of vintage cars in immaculate condition and my wife and I spent hours taking it all in. There were a couple of rare, very early cars worth over $100,000 on display. The vintage prop planes were not just for show - they were also taking off and landing on the small air strip next to the display area. Quite a site.

As to the pirates, Tampa Bay is "captured" once a year by pirates who take over the town and hold a big parade and festival similar to Mardi Gras.They often show up at events such as this.

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the classic machinery as much as I did.

Thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Please note: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.)
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Thread Information