Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pirates, Planes & Automobiles

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirates, Planes & Automobiles

As many of you know, my father, O. F. Christner, loved motors - all kinds. Whether outboards, or in cars or even planes, if it was a motor, he was interested in (1) finding out all he could about the motor and (2) seeing if he could make it run faster.

I recently attended a classic British car & antique prop plane show on Davis Island. Davis Island is just off shore from Tampa, FL in the Tampa Bay. There was a large selection of vintage cars in immaculate condition and my wife and I spent hours taking it all in. There were a couple of rare, very early cars worth over $100,000 on display. The vintage prop planes were not just for show - they were also taking off and landing on the small air strip next to the display area. Quite a site.

As to the pirates, Tampa Bay is "captured" once a year by pirates who take over the town and hold a big parade and festival similar to Mardi Gras.They often show up at events such as this.

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the classic machinery as much as I did.

Thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Please note: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.)
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Davis Island show - part 2

Here's the 2nd round of photos from the Davis Island, Florida, show. Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

(Please note: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without my written permission.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Round 3 of Davis Island show

Here's the 3rd round of photos from the Davis Island, Florida, show. Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

(Please note: These photos are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without my written permission.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Last round of Davis Island photos

Here's the last round of photos from the Davis Island, Florida, show. Enjoy.

Paul A Christner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tr6

Paul, great pic's love those TR6's.I still have a 1973 TR6 that I bought new.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff; I like that yellow and black Beaver. There's a story here of a line-boy/fueler from Alaska who was down here for a visit and walking around Renton Field. His host found him staring at a Beaver, and asked, "Hey, I thought you were from Alaska! Haven't you ever seen a DeHavilland Beaver before?" The kid said, "Yessir, but I never saw one on WHEELS . . . ".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Shine on, Karen.

Till Later,

Paul

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh Boy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smittythewelder View Post
    Cool stuff; I like that yellow and black Beaver. There's a story here of a line-boy/fueler from Alaska who was down here for a visit and walking around Renton Field. His host found him staring at a Beaver, and asked, "Hey, I thought you were from Alaska! Haven't you ever seen a DeHavilland Beaver before?" The kid said, "Yessir, but I never saw one on WHEELS . . . ".
    On the way to D. C. from mo-town in the day we went past that ugly old plane some where in oho every time . i always looked.

My bro said in the big war in That asian co that was then best way to get from point A to point B, lots of H.P. and get off the ground quick

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DH2 Bever On Floats

Pic #2 Raiders Waco and Seabee
    Clearlake Ca 80's

Thread Information