Default NOA Nationals 1985

This is the start of the VX Class.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NOA Nationals 1985

This is the start of the TX Class

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Who were in the first three places?

Quote Originally Posted by Popa Sam View Post
    This the start of the 40-70 V class.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Vids Poppa, keepem coming. I did manage to find some rpm. I am now solidly up in the 7000rpm range. I will keep tring to make it to the 8000rpm range. I will be satisfied at that point. The motor really came to life with the extra power and rpm. I have been able to speak to Mr Dean Pink, Larry Orin, the Soddy Daisy boys, and I would like to get to talk with the rest of them. I would really hate it if all that experiance and knowledge just went away. Thanks for all the stories and vids, all of you. Keep on posting
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
    Thanks. Who were in the first three places?
    Larry Davis was in the 700 out front. Bob Wedingcamp was in the black 99. I can't remember the 32 last name, I think his first name was John. Danny may remember since I think he was from SC.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 88workcar View Post
    I would agree that without restrictions that, that was not fair by anyones standards. And also there was a class developed where the 90 ran against inlines and V4s and was quite competitive, then the rules allowed for some wild mods and from that piont on the V4s were unstopable and that killed a class. Rules are there for a reason. Here at home we just go play, it always turns into a race of some sort. Me haveing the smallest engine is a plus. If I get beat by a 2.5 or 2.4 or even a 2.6 No one can go brag, "yea I spanked that 90 with my 2.5" just doesn't get applause. I have never been at the back of the pack with my 90, acually closer to the front is most common. And the fellas that wind up behind me catch hell from thier buddies, Not me. I just enjoy going on the run.
    The biggest reason for starting this tread was to find the folks that have 90 parts that make one run, or the knowledge to do so. I have been directed to some knowledgable folks and have a few great conversations about the 90. It is a stong motor, and I will eventually get mine to make RPM, 7000 is not enough. I want more.
    The Class was Formula V, even the 56 ci OMC engines were competitive. What happened with the V-4 is the inspectors did not follow the rules, Originally stock dealer item parts, and allowed fully modified engines to run and allowed 20' Allisons to compete. A 13' boat will not beat a 20' simply because of the holes the 20' leaves. The 150 Mercs and 15' boats still beat the 20' boats but the following year the OPC Commission changed the rules to retroactively allow the modifications to the v-4. Also the drivers with the 13 and 15' boats from down south decided not to compete in a dangerous situation. The following year they changed all the tech rules and made all of the engines from down south illegal. If ya can't beat them on the race course, change the rules and get rid of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Got any more POPA? got the old 90 to 7400rpm, still looking for more
    Helping folks out around the globe.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 90 Yamaha

Rumor was back in that time that the fast 90 Yamaha's had the hot stuff in the oil injection tank i can't say that this was true or not but i got it from a good source. The ones running the stock gear case with low water pickup i think were running Merc props which at that time 1983/85 could cost up to a $1,000

Thread Information