mmmmm,,,wow!!! some great info,,,,, just my .01 cent.... i would have to agree with tim,,, the most,,, with my 32 years raceing,,, and a bunch of records in the old days,,hehehe,,,, i always ran av gas mmm and reg 2-stroke oil,,,, merc or evinrude and not synthetic,,, av gas was and is always consistant 100 octane ,,,, slower burning of course,,, cause less air at altitude,,, but i always corrected with timeing,,,,, then ran the coldest plug could get!!! old trick learnt from bob wort and ed karelson,,,,, i personaly runmy 3 holer on 100 or 108 octane, fuel/gas,,, then one quart to 5 gallons,,,, soo what that about 16-1??????mm,,,, learnt fromtheold timers and it works,,,,,, when we set the d-stock kilo and comp record with the 44xs,,,we ran 2 quarts red line to 5gals,,,,mmmmmm.....was messy but haaa we set records,,, when i set 850 kilo at 104 mph was av gas and evinrude oil,, quart to 4 gals..... stillr un the same mix seems to work have gone leaner on oils,,,, just doesnt seem to be as good.... personel note that i think there is alot of additives in theoil these days,,,, and it adds hp,,,, hell see if it passes fuel meters,,, youd be surprised,,,,,,,the meter readings