Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: My Kilo Motor

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

you can measure all you want, the fact remains true. you could have two oval ports in the same bore with a bridge. the shape of the oval port makes for a wider power band. as in smooth through the power curve not more power, more smooth. i'd take a sold molded 56er bridge port block, aka fishinmotor. a bunch of dudes got sucked in on that concealed prop, payed big bucks for a copy, they never went as fast. careful about what you think you know....

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

pdt

so what is the area of the bridge ports and the area of the oval ?

what would be the benefit of any engine maker going to the trouble and cost of re-tooling to put in oval ports ?

Its not just omc who have done this, a few others also done it, must be a reason for this.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

cheaper to make, you can incorporate the oval into the bridge by makin the top of the window ark to the bridge = oval bridge port.

Part one of "Secrets of the OMC Mod 50" : http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2052

Post Thanks / Like

Default I vote for the block you can not use in OPC SST-60

Do you know what Time Area and blow down are? Area by itself is a small slice of the pie.

I vote for the block you can not use in OPC SST-60

http://www.wptracing.com/sst-60

"Modified Package for Inflatable Racing: We can build a trick mod engine with a better block than you can use in SST 60. This would have the cylinder block ported along with finger ports. Head machined to a specific race compression ratio. Special reeds and intake work. Special pistons, and many other little race details. Hang on tight" "
    ANTHONY McCULLOCH
    modifiedoutboard@hotmail.com

Some things never change!

They Want it cheap..............

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fred, wasn't there a bridge port mod. 50 shape the way you just describe?
    Thanks, Mike

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

all three Mod 50's are bridge port modas, the 19s had slanted bridges, so you could not oil them. the solid mold 56er is the outlaw bridge port.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi PDT.
    It was the pre 1993 920 cc motor which was identical to the first SST60 engine.
    Stephen

pdt

what is the height and width of the exhaust ports on the bridge port engine ?
    I will have to measure my oval spare block tomorrow as im sure its bigger, but you have worked on them so should know.
    I am realy interested to know the differences now.

I do understand a bit about the port timming, but some of this is new to me that's why I am asking.
    if you know the exact sizes outboard ,then please put them down here.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    all three Mod 50's are bridge port modas, the 19s had slanted bridges, so you could not oil them. the solid mold 56er is the outlaw bridge port.
    Solid mold 56er? got one of those but not sure what to do with the mods yet, it's going on short mid. and nitro gear case, pro 50 trim but I do know I want to keep the comp. at 150 to 160 lbs. The gas here in Canada sucks, I found 94 oc. but it has ethanol.
    Mike

pdt

thanks for that steve
    so what the difference with the later block ?
    apart from being cast by a different means i.e lost foam, its still 920cc, ?

. I am asking because I don't know,

it seems like what I have been told about these is obviously bs if all these things are turning out to be so very different.

if you don't ask you don't know, so that's why I am asking about these things.
    the port size I am a bit confused about as I have a spare oval port engine with what seems to be huge exhaust ports !!!!

Thread Information