Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel and Oil (i know)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fuel and Oil (i know)

ok, i know that the oil threads have been beat to death, so bear with me for a min.

application
    60/40 johnson with outboard jet pump
    max rpms 6000
    bored .030
    175-180 compression

everyone around here runs klotz benol. they say that is the best, and im not trying to disagree. but ive read some stuff that its gummy and it dont mix well. just trying to see what everyones opinion is on the stuff.

has anyone done any test to see if prem. fuel runs better or adding octane booster runs better. just didnt know what the norm was for my application.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I run Klotz Techinplate with 10% castor ... no problems, it mixes easily and does not have any gumming problem. I would not advise using 100% castor in your application; it will have at least some gumming and provide no benefit.

My motors crank 275 and use AV gas ... don't use "octane booster" almost all brands are just ethanol that comes in regular gas most places anyway
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

I burn methanol in my motors and have used a couple of different Klotz products with no gumming problems. Now I use Maxima 927, a castor based oil also with no gumming problems. I do, however, after I am done for the day, run the motor on the beach for a short time with a 4:1 mixture of regular gas and petroleum oil.
    Last edited by Tim Chance; 10-08-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information