Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mod VP Pictures..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jerry Rinker...

E-Mailed with Jerry Rinker the other day...Confused where he is in relationship to you...But maybe, he could bring John's Tri Hull down for a test....He can't seem to run John down either..Seems John doesn E-Mail or answer phones...

I'd fly down to test with you!!! Besides, I want to look up Pete DeLackner...Hell, maybe, I'd just drive down....and stay a month or two!!!

Going to go to Elsinore next week and see IF my Tri Hull is where I left it, four years ago!!!

JOB??? DID YOU SAY, "WORK??" Like Jimmy Hauenstein said, "I had a job in the summer of '67, but dindn't like it so I quit."...Never entered my mind you might WORK!!!!!! (I thought you were into that NASTY OLD EARL..I mean OIL business...)....I figured your idea of work was counting your money!!!! LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Al Stoker...The King...

One of these days, I'll get with Al and John and I'll do a section on John's Custom Marine.....Today, just some pictures from their wall...And as usual...I only "VISIT" them when I need something....

Though my daughter and Al both told me...She gave him a tow this weekend at the river......AND Al admitted to my daughter that I, Ron Hill, is the one that got him started in Boat Racing....I know that's true...A Bill Boyes runabout that I had bought from Rod Zapf...and a Mercury Mark 30-H...Brawley....Far cry from what he was "RACING" last weekend..Paul Pfaff Motor, 24-26 Stoker tunnel...110 PLUS MPH........when running...

The Stoker Family has done a lot for me over the many years we have been friends...
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-11-2006 at 04:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dick Sherre's Mod VP

Dick and I wrote the MOD VP rules. Though Dick's FINEST HOUR was winning the Parker 9 Hour, when it was NINE HOURS...Dick's, Ed Lane, 2.4 out ran and out lasted Mercury Factory equipment...

Dick though a Mercury DEALER, never liked the "FACTORIES" in racing...AS he and Howard Pipkorn would say, Mercury doesn't want to just win the race, they want to say WHO WINS WITH A MERCURY....

Mod VP was Dick's and MY way of trying to keep FACTORIES OUT OF RACING...It lasted long enough that we had about 20 boats at every race....Then, Mercury built a SPECIAL MOD VP motor and Evinrude built a Special Mod VP motor...Then, the rest of us QUIT...

Here is Dick in his Eliminator...MOD VP...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Drove With Bob Wartinger

Rod drove my Yamaha and the battery blew up at the first pit stop...And when the race was over he gave every kid....no matter their age, rides until dark....Of course, he'd paid for half the gas, more or less!!!!

Pat Murphy and John Castelli drove the black, white and yellow Lavey with a RENTED MERCURY powerhead, that MURPHY managed to melt down to zero power...(Wasn't his fault...we should have rented a gearcase, too)..

I sold that boat to John Vossmeyer after Parker.

Chris Carmine (He and his brother, Jeff, now own Lavey) drove the Blue and White Lavey that was sponsored by Hoiag's Marine....in Stockton or Sacremento...But don't recall the Hoiag Marine's owner's name...Maybe, it was Dean Willis??? I know it wasn't Dean Hoaig.

Craig Nelson owned a Stoker was Mark Edmondson. Craig and his ex-wife's daughter is a pitcher for FSU (Florida State University), in her second year of a four year full ride. Talked to Craig on Friday, he was in Florida watching his daughter pitch in an NCAA Tournament.....But what we really talked about was David Gillaland....How we, Craig and I use to sponsor his dad, Butch Gilliland, in Street Stock Enduros... http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...9777#post29777

Top picture: craig Nelson just finished third in MOD VP, parker 7 Hour...Using a Mercury I rented from Mercury Racing
    Second picture is Craig getting ready to start the race.

Third picture is Castelli at a pit stop with the Number 11 boat
    Fourth picture might be Pat Murphy, or Castelli in the number 11 at speed.
    Fifth picture is the Yamaha boat at Puddingstone....Once we got the electrical problems fixed that thing "ROCKED" until we had to run STOCK HEADS....Jim Harris at the wheel...I think
    6 Castelli launching, Hoaig's boat next to the 11 boat...
    7th picture is Hoaig's Marine lavey, Evinrude powered...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-20-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Few More Parker 1990???

I think this was Parker 1990...

A few more pictures...

1. Craig Nelson and Mark Edmonson's Berg-Nelson, Hill Marine Sponosred MOD VP at speed
    2. BHO Teaming helping at a pit stop..Harris was the H, Oslen was the O and can't remember the B..
    3. Bob Wartinger and Joe....Joe worked for Hill Marine...but can't remember his last name.
    4. #9 Lavey, Yamaha power Lavey, driven by Bob Wartinger and Rod Zapf, ET 79, Mitch Lemke right behind number 9...race is over..
    5. GMT Hull, Del Taco sponosred, Gre Foster driving...Jerry Gilbreath, Crew Chief.
    6. Flying Lavey's boat??? This is number one Lavey Sebring 20 Foot tunnel...Bottom by John Castelli, Ron Hill and Jerry Baker..

647and918

I tried to upload these once, but I think I messed up...

I'm trying to dig up old pics, but I've moved too many times since I was involved in this... The first two should be from Parker in 1986, the one and only time I actually got to drive (even then, I was too young I think!)... Third are some of the patches I picked up along the way, 4th is our old Howard we ran in the mid-80's as a ski racer, and last is the Eliminator (this is Mission Bay if I remember right)...

I'll keep digging in the garage to see what else I can find. I used to have all the programs from Parker and Havasu from the early/mid-80's...

Post Thanks / Like

test,,2nd post

Post Thanks / Like

St Louis

Post Thanks / Like

havasu

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Quindazzi, Sr. Laser, Evinrude 235 by Dick O'Dea.
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 12-31-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Thread Information