Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gene Thibodaux

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gene Thibodaux

Hello everyone!
    My name is Colin and I don't actually have any information on Gene I was actually wondering if anyone could give me some information about him. I am one of his sons but I was really young when he was racing actually it was right around the time I was born. I'd ask him myself but haven't been able to see or speak to him since I was really young and I don't know a way to get in touch so I though I'd just see if anyone here could answer a few things for me.

I have been searching for information about his career and pictures and found some things on this forum but I was just wondering why his career ended so early? I saw some places where it was said that he didn't get along with people and burned alot of bridges did that have alot to do with it?

I was also wondering if there are any videos anywhere that I could see him racing?

Post Thanks / Like

His kid, Tim is on this forum and there were a bunch of his photos. Sorry i can't help any more....
    Bill Schwab
    Dirty Deck Brewing
    Company

Formula 1, SST45 Lee Motorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Colin,

Send a Private Message to tthibodaux here on BRF. He is one of Gene's sons as well. He should be able to help you with what you need.

Here is his profile http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/member.php?u=1917

Glad to have you here.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RabidGatorFan View Post
    Colin,

Send a Private Message to tthibodaux here on BRF. He is one of Gene's sons as well. He should be able to help you with what you need.

Here is his profile http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/member.php?u=1917

Glad to have you here.
    Thanks I sent him a message. Nice to see another huge Gator fan on here! I'm up in Ganesville every home game! Hopefully we get the title this year to make it 3 out of 4 years!

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Gt

Gene was a fine driver and mechanic, I was told that he's still a mechanic near Austin, Tx. John 'Meatball' Murray (Kingsland, Tx.) knows where Gene works. I bought my beautiful 1975 Evinrude 75 from Gene in spring, 1977, and raced it until 1985. It was amazing to me that Gene made it to Paris as the Evinrude driver, but he was focused. At a small APBA race in Alexandria, La., ca. 1980, he talked with me in his always friendly way while wrenching on his 75 and said, very optimistically, you have to know what you want and keep working for it. He had an SE boat at the time that wasn't very competitive, and evidently had bigger things in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by cthib10 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Colin and I don't actually have any information on Gene I was actually wondering if anyone could give me some information about him. I am one of his sons but I was really young when he was racing actually it was right around the time I was born. I'd ask him myself but haven't been able to see or speak to him since I was really young and I don't know a way to get in touch so I though I'd just see if anyone here could answer a few things for me.

I have been searching for information about his career and pictures and found some things on this forum but I was just wondering why his career ended so early? I saw some places where it was said that he didn't get along with people and burned alot of bridges did that have alot to do with it?

I was also wondering if there are any videos anywhere that I could see him racing?

Thread Information