I'm not sure where to post this at on this forum so here goes. I've got a 15x52 alweld Vee La aluminum boat which is really a V bottom all the way to the back of the boat not just a semi V in the front like some aluminum boats. I have a 2011 Tohatsu 50 TLDI shortshaft stock aluminum prop 11.1x14 I think. This boat was bought for fishing and well to play with and go fast. The boat has a 17 inch transom aluminum trim tabs welded to the boat that came standard with the boat, it has a deck at the bow and a bench seat in back.

I took the boat out for the first time Saturday with the motor completely down on the transom and motor trimmed fully down boat ran great at full throttle with my dad who weighed about 250 sitting on the deck on the bow. Absolutly no porpoising. When I went to trim the engine up not very much it started to porpoise. I thought you wanted to be able to trim the motor up some so I could maybe get more speed out of it.

I'd just like to get more speed out of the boat and would like to know what advice can yall give me?

I forgot to add I have a battery just behind the rear bench seat and the gas tank I have now mounted far forward. I did notice that one of the trim tabs was bent up while the other was level with the boat. I bet it was bent during shipping. I made sure they are now both level with the bottom of the boat. I also raised the engine up two bolt holes to try and get the cavitation plate level with the bottle of the boat and it is but of course I trimmed the motor up so that cavitation plate was level with the bottle of the boat in reality I will probably have to have the engine fully down tomorrow to run the boat and keep it from porpoising so in a sense the half the cavitation plate will be below the bottom of the boat because I will have to run the motor fully down.

So what can I do to achieve more speed?

Thanks
Chris

I have probably confuses the hell out of yall but want to give you as much information as i can to help me have a better setup.