We are in the process of restoring a "D" class Sidson hydroplane that had the entire nose rotted away. This is literally the only measurement we still require in order to finish the front. Anyone out there own one that I could get a measurement off of? I would ask for Sidcraft as well, but we have found that between Sidcrafts and Sidsons of the same class there are many (some large) differences.

Specifically I am interested in knowing the characteristic of how the sponsons terminate. On our "F" Sidson hydro one side of the bottom of the sponson runs even with the length of the boat, while the outboard side of the sponson curves inward to nearly meet the inboard side of the sponson. However, on our "B" Sidson hydro, the two sides of the bottom of the sponson remain at the same distance until meeting the curvature of the front of the boat. We want to know which is right, and the exact measurement of the change in distance if it is meant to curve inward.

The boat is farther along now, but i don't have an updated picture, all the ribs are finished, glued and holes cut (the canvas stringers are placeholders in the picture).