I found some key pieces to a puzzle that I had been trying to remember for several months. After talking to Clayton Elmer a few days ago, going back through some photos, and going back over my scrapbook, and letters I figured out what was missing regarding the Konigs. I knew the story about mixing up our C and D rotary valves were at a race Baldy put on, but I thought it was from the November race. Photos and race results didn't match though. Baldy had put in an ad also that we first ran the rotarys in March 1968, but I could not remember where, so I figured that was when we first tested them. We did get them in March according to info from Scott Smith, but I did not have any records of a race in March other than the one in Lake Charles. I had always thought that it took place in the spring of 1969 though. If I would have continued taking notes, I would not have botched this part. After talking to Clayton, I reread an article about him from the Corpus Christi Caller Times. It was from the fall of 1968 so I didn't scrutinize it carefully. When I did, it mentioned that Clayton did not move to Corpus until the fall, but then I found a clipping next to it that had been pasted in the wrong place. In fact both articles were, and I have overlooked the smaller one. It mentioned Joe Bowdler being red hot at the last couple of races with a new experimental motor built by Raymond Jefferies. The two races were Lake Mathis, and Neches River. So it appeared the April 7, 1968 race at Baldy's did come off and I didn't remember it. It turns out though that this is the race where Clayton and I mixed up our C and D Konigs. I had mentioned a few times previously where I was unsure of some of the timelines, but remembered certain things that took place around this time. I will now go back and try to put things back in order.

ADD: I added to post No. 558 on Page 56.