While I have had the priviledge to meet may of you who post here at the DePue reunion and know many guys from all the years of racing at DePue , I have decided to go on a quest. I am looking to collect all the information I can on the history of boat racing on Lake DePue.

I am looking for everything and anything - magazine articles ( Propeller , Hydroplane Quarterly Powerboating) , heat sheets , scoring sheets , etc ,- about the PRO Nationals at Lake DePue. I know many guys hold this type of information near and dear to their heart , so I do not want your original stuff , but if you want to make copies I would gladly take that. Here is some of the stuff I have already received - I have but all of 2 of the race programs from 1961 1965-1974 and 1983-2012 , from RC Hawie I have most of the articles from Propeller magazine on the 1961 and 1965-1974 Nationals. From John Schubert I got the finals sheets from 1968- 1971. I have all the scoring sheets from this years Nationals curtisey of Sue Sailerand the USTS. And what may be the coolest find yet , this year , I have a friend whose dad was on the organizing comittee for 1961 Nationals , give me the original scoring sheets used on the barge from the 1961 Nationals.

Most people do not realize that there has been boat racing on Lake DePue since 1907 , that is the earliest date I have found. I feel that DePue has played an important part in the history of boat racing and that history needs to be preserved. Let me assure you I intend not to profit from this quest and when I display any of the information I will give the proper credit to the donor.

If you have anything to offer , you can send me a pm or e-mail me dhoffert@mchsi.com or dale_hoffert@yahoo.com.

Thank you

Dale Hoffert