Thought I would share the completed product. The only thing missing is the front rub rail that needs to be straightened out a little before being attached to the boat. Jamie Tribley did the painting, a truly amazing job.

Thought I would add more info about the boat. It is 12' 7" and originally appeared to have the transom cut for a shorter tower (Koenig?). I keyed in an addition to the transom to raise it up, but I kept it lower than it was because I planned to use the 66ci on a speedmaster and the speedmaster does not clear the bottom of the boat much higher than that. I have been told this may very well be the last F Sidson in existence. It may be the only Sid built F hydro period (Sidcraft as well) left of this style, excluding cabovers as I don't know whether there are any of those left. I certainly have not heard of another, but have seen other "D" Sidson hydros (and we have one ourselves). F-4 are the original racing numbers that were with the boat when acquired by the previous owner. I have been told David Westbrook raced the numbers F-4, and he was from the region the boat was purchased in originally (Georgia). The man I purchased it from lives in Alabama, but when he bought it sometime in the late 80s/early 90s the boat was in Georgia, so it makes a little bit of sense, but I can not confirm this as I have not had contact with David Westbrook. If it is not his, it is likely it was raced in some other local or smaller national racing organization and I may never know it's racing heritage.

Second picture is the boat before running my 55H Mod at the Schroon Lake AOMCI meet a couple weeks agophoto.jpgphoto (1).JPG.